'47 Dodge shop truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man is that one fine looking pickup!!! Hope mine turns out that good!!!

Thanks I appreciate it. Just stay after your build and make it what you want.

Maybe that's what happened to the seal on the rear end?

Now that you mention it you may be right. It didn't start leaking till I started driving it as a daily thing.

Yup, smoking the rears overheated it...:D

I was just trying to soften up the cold rubber seal!! It didn't work.

Update.....

There is no update on the pickup. The seal is still leaking a little. Maybe it will wear in.

I got side tracked by putting in a pi$$er, finishing the wall insulation cover up,
replacing some dead and dying fluorescent lights with leds {man what a difference}, and cleaning up the shop. Cleaned off all the work benches. I even cleaned off the desk and that hasn't happened in 5 years.

The pic of the pickup is with no flash. I replaced 4 of the 8' fluorescents and will replace the remaining 6 as they crap out.
I just gutted the original lights and screwed 2 four foot LEDs from Sams club to the 8' housings and hard wired them in. The Sams club LEDs are 4500 Lumen each. I thought my eyes were getting worse and all I needed was some new light.

Gonna build me a bead roller next. We'll see how that goes.

Attachments

• IMG_4886.jpg
    IMG_4886.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_4888.jpg
    IMG_4888.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4890.jpg
    IMG_4890.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4891.jpg
    IMG_4891.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_4894.jpg
    IMG_4894.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 43
Really nice shop Pop's.... more lights the better
time to mess it up again:D:D

Thanks. I'm really good at messing it up. I just need to take time to clean up a little every day instead of every 2 years.

Nice job on the shop and lighting, pops.

I put LED's in my garage last summer. It's a bit of a shock turning them on at night!

Thanks. I couldn't believe the difference in the lights. And it will only get better as the other old lights crap out and get replaced with leds.

Great......
Now I have shop envy......[ddd:cool:
Torchie

Sorry Torchie. I'd share with you if you lived close.

I bought 12 for my shop at Sam's. It made it where an old man can see again :p

I can relate to the old man being able to see again. Between the lights and replacing the lenses in my welding helmet, it's a whole new world.

Wish I could but out work like you do. I have No shop, No lights, Bad Eyes, but life go on;);)

That's where I started 40 years ago... One step at a time is all I can offer for advise.

If I could see what I'm doing I'd be pretty disappointed in my work.:eek:

Come on Bob, I see your work. I haven't seen anything you've done that would be disappointing. But I would recommend these led lights.

Just been driving the snot out of this thing lately and loving it.
I decided the wheels kinda got lost within the tires so I changed things up a little. Had the wheels powder coated silver and put some beauty rings from Jegs on them. I think it looks better. Thoughts or comments?

Attachments

• IMG_0051.jpg
    IMG_0051.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0239.jpg
    IMG_0239.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 55
Thanks guys. I'm not a big fan of the large, flashy new rims out there now days. But I thought the old dark rally wheels looked lost.
Sometimes I think I'm lost in the past.

Old Iron..... Yeah I did go with a smaller tire up front. I had a very slight tire rub at full turn that it eliminated. The rub wasn't even enough to mark the tire, just irritating enough to bug me. You have a good eye for detail.

YES! A very good example of why I like shiny wheels instead of black ones! If you were going for a cop car look, black wheels would be fine. Othérwise, lighter colors to separate the wheel from the tire look mo better IMHO. Those wheels just set off the truck now Pops.[cl

Just been driving the snot out of this thing lately and loving it.
I decided the wheels kinda got lost within the tires so I changed things up a little. Had the wheels powder coated silver and put some beauty rings from Jegs on them. I think it looks better. Thoughts or comments?

My comment is...[cl
I think it's one of the best looking trucks I've ever seen.
Scale of one to ten.. she's a TEN.
[cl

Latest posts

Back