'48 Olds

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indeed! Great work! How are you going to seal them?
I want to make my wings work as well, but found the mounting studs to be pot metal I think :confused:
Going to have to figure out how to fab some up I guess :(

Right now I have the original rubber on them and that's probably gonna be about it. New ones are $$$ and it seems nothing really sealed all that well on these 40's anyhow.

As for the studs, my wings crank out, so the bottom pivots didn't move. The top pivots were actually brass so I relocated and bent them as needed.

A little closer. Wings take time, that's for sure!

Made a wood template to make sure I got the divider bar at the right angle. The wing crank works!
attachment.php

Had to make a new spot to mount the lower part of the divider bar. I'll have to use a longer bolt to get the angle to match the window frame angle.
attachment.php

The door top had a bend at the divider post. Since I shortened the wing, I had to make a couple of relief cuts on the outside to move the bend forward and straighten were it had been.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMGP4537a.jpg
    IMGP4537a.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 243
  • IMGP4539a.jpg
    IMGP4539a.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 246
  • IMGP4540a.jpg
    IMGP4540a.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 243
Well have ya'?

Well, not to many shows around here so far. Took it to a weekly cruise in one time - they approved. Seems like a lot of the bigger local shows are late this year. But it's my DD as long as it isn't raining.

....and I did get this trophy at the Torque Fest I took it to earlier this year. (yes I am showing off :p)
IMGP4236sml.jpg

Sam I don't remember if I've said it in this thread, but I really like what
you've done with this thing!! It couldn't look any better than the way it
turned out!! NOW, drive the hell out of it!! :D:D

OH one thing, why not hammer the little dent out in the fender??
HA HA HA I couldn't resist!!

Got the glass in one side. I used the old windshield for the large piece. Everything fits and works. Lots of little stuff to get to that point! It's a little easier to see out of than the plywood.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMGP4545a.jpg
    IMGP4545a.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 207
  • IMGP4547a.jpg
    IMGP4547a.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 209
48 Olds

Back to top...

Just because I think any ~ new ~ folks should have a chance to look through this one.

Sam_Fear, Any updates worth mentioning?

Well, not to many shows around here so far. Took it to a weekly cruise in one time - they approved. Seems like a lot of the bigger local shows are late this year. But it's my DD as long as it isn't raining.

....and I did get this trophy at the Torque Fest I took it to earlier this year. (yes I am showing off :p)
IMGP4236sml.jpg

Sam could you get it a little lower [S

From out of the RRR basement... an update! Finally getting some interior work done.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMGP7758a.jpg
    IMGP7758a.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 192
Not trying to hijack --

but now I need to get going on my 42 Olds Dynamic Cruiser

gonna start with pancaking the hood I think

Attachments

• 42 olds (1).jpg
    42 olds (1).jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 26