50s Ford F1 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim looked in his shed for a set of doors. He said there is a set, but they are behind half a shed full of parts. We'll try to dig them out soon. He's in the fields working a lot right now. He wants to know what they are worth to ya. He wants to be fair. Probably cheap knowing him in all. Great build!

Tyster

Jim looked in his shed for a set of doors. He said there is a set, but they are behind half a shed full of parts. We'll try to dig them out soon. He's in the fields working a lot right now. He wants to know what they are worth to ya. He wants to be fair. Probably cheap knowing him in all. Great build!

Tyster

I dunno, maybe $125/pair? if they are solid solid doors though they would just be getting cut up to patch up mine... So I suppose relatively solid for $75-100 pair? I dunno?
I'll PM you my number.

Solid frame is home

Heh, thanks for the comments fellas! Yes, it may be a little over engineered... but I guess I tend to do that when it's my first build on a frame... Still have cross members, body mounts and suspension mounts to do... and the tank mount...

Anyhow, quick snap of it home

3435_3992252318537_1306170352_n.jpg

Aren't you supposed to flip that 90 and put it under the car? :rolleyes:

Damn, you caught me! heh heh.... Yea that is the plan, I didn't have the time or energy to do it yesterday, we had to bring it home, then go pickup some furniture as well..

Probably early in the week I'll be getting things organized and frame situated under the body for some more work! :p

Well, got the tubes and tires mounted for the rear of the truck, so thats a start.
Hoping to get the frame under the body tomorrow, and block it up for some more fab work.

Also got the tires I bought put on the daily driver, still need to put in the valve cover gasket, but thats not a straight forward affair on this car... grrrr.

Yep, going to be tomorrow, just no energy after work today...
Sketched up what I want the spring and suspension link mounts to look like, thats about all I got down tonight.

quick snaps from last night after re-organizing the garage a bit

Frame found its way under the truck last night... still have some body trimming to do on the poncho rear to get it to sit down where it needs to be, but it is a start...
And a pic of my new to me license plate.

Attachments

• DSC04777.jpg
    DSC04777.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC04778.jpg
    DSC04778.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC04779.jpg
    DSC04779.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC04780.jpg
    DSC04780.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC04781.jpg
    DSC04781.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 76
I'll be back on it probably monday night or tuesday, going to try to get a couple days off work so I can actually spend some time doing something I want to do rather than HAVE to do...

Cab tacked in place for now, workin on the motor mounting

I'm a little torqued about the motor mounts from ford being 1" offset to the passenger side.

I'm going to work on shifting it all over 1", as the rear end is centered, and I think 1" is too much to be offset. Thoughts?:confused:

Anyhow, on to the pics.

Attachments

• DSC04815.jpg
    DSC04815.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC04816.jpg
    DSC04816.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 151
  • DSC04817.jpg
    DSC04817.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 71
A lot a cars came from the factory with that much off set big block mopars and some fords that I know of. it was to clear the steering. but if you don't like it move it, it's your truck. And it is a great truck!

A lot a cars came from the factory with that much off set big block mopars and some fords that I know of. it was to clear the steering. but if you don't like it move it, it's your truck. And it is a great truck!

Thanks I'm really trying to get this thing moving forward.

yea I may leave it, it looks like space will be tight on that side, so I need to sort out if its going to cause issue being slightly offset from the rear end.... maybe I'll post it up in the Q/A section... It just bothers me that it is apparent that it is off center in the frame.

I think it's minimal at best....

The average person wouldn't even notice it.....looks like it fits like a glove there.....why move it.....gives you plenty of room to get around the exhaust on the steering side.... I think it looks great.....JMHO....

Latest posts

Back