51 F1 Rat Rod

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I finally made the trek up to my dad's this weekend. It's the first time I've been up since the fire that destroyed the shop and the chevelle. His new shop is well on the way and should be done by the end of the month. I was there to help run the wiring so the inspector can see it on Tuesday. I took a few pics of the progress so far. Now something very interesting happened while I was there. When I got to there on Saturday dad's nieghbour, who is building a 37 Chev, was there. We where all chatting away, and the chevelle came up. Well the cat was let out of the bag, and it seems that the insurance company did in fact let us keep the cars remains. Dad had the 454 and 4 speed pulled and are being rebuilt as we speak. He was planning to surprise me with it. To bad the neighbour could keep his mouth shut. :rolleyes: The rest of the car is now sitting in a little town called Elmwood not to far from dad's. I went to see it on my way home, and this is the first time I've seen it at all . "WOW" I've seen cars burnt before but this thing.......well all I can say is WOW! I took some pics of it as well.

Attachments

• Dad's Place 003.jpg
    Dad's Place 003.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 69
  • Dad's Place 004.jpg
    Dad's Place 004.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Dad's Place 005.jpg
    Dad's Place 005.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 53
Here are some before and after shots. The right rear 1/4 had a hot water heater fall on it from the second floor. The back of the car must have been close to cherry red hot when in hit because it flattened that corner down to about 18" high. Just incredable!

Attachments

• DSCF0149.jpg
    DSCF0149.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 51
  • Dad's Place 012.jpg
    Dad's Place 012.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 98
  • DSCF0150.jpg
    DSCF0150.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 56
  • Dad's Place 011.jpg
    Dad's Place 011.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 95
  • Dad's Place 016.jpg
    Dad's Place 016.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 83
A few more.

Attachments

• IMG_1315.JPG
    IMG_1315.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 25
  • P1010738.JPG
    P1010738.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 66
  • Dad's Place 016.jpg
    Dad's Place 016.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Dad's Place 013.jpg
    Dad's Place 013.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 89
Ok, now on a brighter note I had posted befor that I picked up some 58 Buick 1/4's that I'm going to use as the box sides for my truck. So while I was at dad's I pulled one out and took a couple pics so you guys can see what there like. I think they are going to be soooooo cool I can hardly wait to see them on the truck. :D

Attachments

• Dad's Place 007.jpg
    Dad's Place 007.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 62
  • Dad's Place 010.jpg
    Dad's Place 010.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 52
Man that Chevelle is a crispy critter. At least it looks like you guys are going to recover nicely. Oh, and those quarters are coooooool.

OK...you're just showin' off now!!!!:eek:

showoff-vi.jpg

Nah, just kidding. Sorry to hear about all the hard times you've gone through. I've had a few myself. It's real easy to just push the project aside and lose interest. Glad to see you're sticking with it and seeing this one through!!!

BTW,,,,Tell your Dad he can help me with mine anytime!;)

Thanks for the kind words guys. So, just a little update here. Things are looking up and moving forward. Dad called last night and his new shop is almost done. Looks good for moving back into it by the first week in Feb. I'm actually going to be moving the truck again in March. I've got myself a new place with a garage of my own to work in. Plus, it's much closer to my work, so that will be nice and handy. The best news of all is I've got me a new girl and she just loves cars! SCORE :D:D Hey Joe, she has a vette of her own too. ;)

Hey guys I have some very sad news to report just when everything is looking up.
I recieved a call last night at 6PM from Pastor Doug Brown. My Dad passed away yesterday late in the afternoon from a massive heart attack. Apparently he had gone over to the neighbours for a visit and was backing out the driveway when he got stuck in the snow. He was digging himself out when he said he didn't feel well and went into the house to sit down where he then collapsed.
I am going to miss him terrably, he has been a major insparation in my life.

My truck will now be finished in his honour.

I love you Dad.
God Speed

sorry

Rod i too lost my father suddenly, I was only 20 when he died and we never got a chance to really build any thing together. its hard for a son to loose a dad.

do not let a kind word go un said to those you love.

Pablo

My sympathies to you and your family. It sounds like your Dad was strong in the face of all the adversity of his shop being destroyed. He no doubt passed that inner strength on to you.

I'm really sorry to hear about your father. My condolenses to you and your family. I lost my father last year and know it hurts. It hurts bad. Just remember all the good times you spent with him and remember you have us here to help if you need anything.

Don

My condolences on your lost. You and your family will be in my prayers. My father was a big influence on my car building abilities. He taught me a lot as I'm sure your father did with you. Be strong and hold on tightly to all of the happy memories you have of the two of you. Pray for the strength and guidance you need in this tough time...it does help.

Ron

Very sorry to hear about your loss. My dad's love for cars got me into them. He's been gone a long time and I miss him very much, so I know you must really be missing your dad. We'll keep you and your family in our prayers.

I'm really sorry to hear that you've lost your father roddguy. I don't think that there is anything that anybody can say to make that any easier but I hope that ypu'll be able to pull it all together. My condolences.

sorry to hear about your Dad. It's a hard loss especially so suddenly...I lost both my parents very suddenly...Time heals...and I'm sure your Dad is proud of you for finishing the truck in his honor.

My condolences to you and your family.I lost a parent to when i was 14.but its important to remember the good times you had together.thats how i remember my mom and it makes it feel better.Its really hard when it happens i know.Its real nice that you finish the build in memory of your dad.

Latest posts

Back