'57 Ranchero build!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
I used to spend the summers @ my Uncle's & he had a '62 Ranchero. I always loved that car so when my son turned 16... I bought him a tricked out '63. He drove it for a year & my ex decided he need a more reliable car (it broke down a couple of times). Anyway... I wound up selling it to my Uncle who still has it. My Dad also had a '57 Ranchero so when I had the chance... I picked one up too. I drove it around for a year or so but wound up putting it in storage for the last couple of years & finally got it out of storage today after my son decided he wanted it now! It's going for new patch panels, a re-wire, Mustang II front end & some other updates 1st! It also has a center console that looks original & bucket seats. Like I said... the console looks original & has a longhorn emblem and everything. I have never seen one with this feature & wondering if they ever came like that?

BoB

Attachments

• ranch1.jpeg
    ranch1.jpeg
    112.9 KB · Views: 136
  • ranch2.jpeg
    ranch2.jpeg
    116.9 KB · Views: 174
  • ranch3.jpeg
    ranch3.jpeg
    94.8 KB · Views: 179
sweeet!!

That's one cool Ranchero Tripper! My dad has a 60 ranchero that I am in the middle of putting floor pans in. I really like the bigger 50's bodystyle too. Your son will be cruisin in style when he get's her on the road. I'm no expert but I would say the console is a factory unit. Dad's truck has buckets and console ,but we know they are out of a Falcon Sprint.

57 Ranchero is one of my all time favorite body styles. I am not sure if the console is original, I had a 64 Galaxy with a very similiar one.

WB,
It's also the same as in a '57 T-bird & it is a perfect fit that has the Ranchero logo. I'm still doin' some research & I love the body style too!!!

BoB

WB,
It's also the same as in a '57 T-bird & it is a perfect fit that has the Ranchero logo. I'm still doin' some research & I love the body style too!!!

BoB

It does look like a Tbird consol but not out of a 57. 57 Tbird never had a consol to my knowledge. They were all bench seats with the shifter sitting on the trans hump. I sold one a couple of years ago that we had for 6 years and I've looked at thousands of them. Your son is lucky. That will be one cool ride. Harleyboy

Kool!

The console appears to be out of a '62 Galaxy I believe...........

Then again (at my age) I still believe in gas @ $ .22 per gallon.

Orphan,
Kool & thanks... I'll ck that out! The weird thing is... the Ranchero logo does not look like it was applied later but I will look at it much closer now.

BoB

Panels!

I had the rot removed & had new panels, rockers & bottoms of the front fenders put in... floorboards next!

BoB

Attachments

• panels.jpg
    panels.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 117
Paint job!

Nice Tripper. Are you staying with the red?

Gastrick,
I designed this a couple of years ago for it! But then again... I may just go flat black! I'm givin' this car to Tripper Jr for his 30th B-day next month... maybe I'm make him save the $$$ of the paint!

rancheropaintJob.jpg

BoB

Last edited:
I like the rendering Bob. I think that car would look good with color on it. How about a tinted primer instead of black and then make him save for the paint job.

Paint it!

Tripper,
Your son is a lucky dog indeed. I would love to see it painted like your rendering & I'm sure your son would too!

Beercan

Another rendering!

I have kept this rendering since '86 & have always thought it would make a kool lookin' paint job too!!!

spottedbird.jpg

BoB

Rusty floors!

Hey... it's an old Ford!!! The floorboards were only 1/2 there. The previous owner had just put some funky sheet metal over the mess. All that crap gets torn out & replaced with panels from EMS.

BoB

Attachments

• bothfloors.jpg
    bothfloors.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 56
  • floors.jpg
    floors.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 44
  • rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 45
  • floorboards.jpg
    floorboards.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 57
Waiting with baited breath

I'm waiting for delivery with baited breath! I drove a 63 Ranchero back in high school, been lookin' for another for quite a while now!

Braces!

Those new floor panels take away a world of ugly in one quick step.

Gastrick,
No kiddin'!!! I was pretty surprised the floor braces were in decent shape after the floorboards were so bad. Lucked out on that one & the rear panels are in transit. Feels good to get this part outta the way!

BoB

Latest posts

Back