'65 Rover Half Cab

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a cool project. I follow all your builds, and tune in daily for updates......
Keep up the good work........[cl

Thanks for the encouraging comments. It helps keep a guy motivated.
Finished the wiring in the dashboard and out to all the loads. I added the low cost Summit gauges instead of trying to get the original gauges working. Didn't want an ammeter anyway. The prvious owner (who junked the Rover) had installed a couple gauges so I assume he did it for good reason.

Been cleaning and painting all the parts. The floor pans are coated with undercoating on the bottom and bed liner touch up spray paint on the top. Eventually the interior with be covered with peel and seal, insulation and carpet. . Ordered all the suspension parts today so in a day or two final assembly of the chassis can begin.

I'm into the final assembly phase. Rear suspension is done. Used 125 lb springs and looking for a static compression of 2 to 3 inches. It's always a guessing game.

Flipper, the two big gauges are Jaegers with flat glass. OEM for the Rover.

Engine, well most of it, and trans are in place too. I have a little more head work to do then I can finish engine assembly. There should be no remaining fabrication, unless I messed up somewhere.

I keep assembling the Rover but there is always lots more to do. Lapped the valves and put the heads and intake manifold on. Rebuilt a vintage Quadrajet and spruced up a distributor. The radiator, hoses, water pump, pullleys, alternator bracket and front panel are installed for the final time, barring any problems.
Put the A arms, spindles and springs on yesterday. Got springs designed for a 4 cylinder Mustang II but with the current amount of weight on the front there is essentially no suspension. These are the same springs I used successfully on my Anglia, which is a light car. So maybe they will settle in.

I keep assembling the Rover but there is always lots more to do. Lapped the valves and put the heads and intake manifold on. Rebuilt a vintage Quadrajet and spruced up a distributor. The radiator, hoses, water pump, pullleys, alternator bracket and front panel are installed for the final time, barring any problems.
Put the A arms, spindles and springs on yesterday. Got springs designed for a 4 cylinder Mustang II but with the current amount of weight on the front there is essentially no suspension. These are the same springs I used successfully on my Anglia, which is a light car. So maybe they will settle in.

Looking good! I can't wait to see this finished!

So the springs are too stiff? Hopefully they settle out a bit and all the body panels help you with that. However, is it possible they gave you the wrong springs?

Been working on fitting the doors and the box. Based on the pic, I have a way to go. Actually, I have the pieces fitting pretty well. Had to rework on one cowl/firewall mounts as there was a little twist and the driver door aimed just a bit down hill. Also had to cut out both front box mounts and remake/reposition them. The front of the box is the door jam, containing the latches so the fit between the doors and box needs to be good.
I had left the rear crossmember unfinished in case revisions were needed. They are. Will incorporate a receiver hitch in the crossmember.

snopro, I'm sure the springs are the rate I ordered. The lightest oem ones available. Spedway motors has lighter ones if needed.

Thats A unique way that thing comes together with the bed making the door jam... Never seen that before

Latest posts

Back