'65 Rover Half Cab

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the interest in the Rover. I bought the lightest (275lb.) springs available and have already cut one coil. Fortunately there was a pair of dropped spindles on Craigslist so I bought them today Hopefully, with some settling and the spindles I'll get the desired ride height. I can adjust the rear up a couple inches if needed.

Hey Bruno, if you've got a spare hemi, strap it to a pallet and I'll pay shipping.:D

Todd, I have not bought the '30 Chevy truck yet. It is totally irrational to buy it, so I probably will...

Blue bottle??? not NOS by any chance.

I remember when we were changing the stance on the car weekly or even daily :p
What ever you do It'll be cool :cool:
Raised front, lowered back, raised back lowered front, stock front lowered back, stock back lowered front, lowered all around and raised all around [ddd Whew I'm dizzy just typing it
dizzy.png

I put the little feller on the trailer and took it to Dave's Muffler Shop. A couple hours later a complete dual exhaust system was installed. For only $175. It is pretty quiet. I'm planning on driving it a lot and wanted it that way. Now I can drive it around the block and find out what needs fixing.

Yes, Old Iron we older guys have seen every stance come and go. I once threatened to lower the left side of my car.

I put the dropped spindles in today and sure enough it lowered it 2". I still would like a couple more inches in front. Taped the rocker panel in place to see how close to the ground it's getting.

animal, you got to get a big friend to ride shotgun.

Thats Better

A coil or two off the spring should just about do it [;)

I'm liking what your doing, great work [cl

Your going to get a lot "what is that[S it's cool" :D

I raised the rear 2" and now the Rover sits with a slight forward tilt. Unfortunately, no good deed goes unpunished. The right tail pipe, where it goes over the rear axle, and the panhard bar want to occupy the same space. Now initiating the Panhard Bar Relocation Project (PBRP) and looking for a federal grant to pay for it.

Chop the exhaust and put some turns on it and dump it out through your rockers??? In front of the rear tires... Just a thought

i've got plenty of room above to raise the panhard ber. Gotta get some steel today.

Todd, I drank a lifetime quota of beer by the time I was 35 and hung it up. This hot summer is almost enough to get me started again.[dr

non drinkers

when you get up in the mornings that's as good as your going to feel all day.

Todd, I drank a lifetime quota of beer by the time I was 35 and hung it up. This hot summer is almost enough to get me started again.[dr

Water (and morning coffee of course) is SO much better for ya. :) I am now a non-drinker as well. Used up not only my quota, but someone else's before I finally learned that it just wasn't worth the hangovers and lost days...

The panhard bar relocation project was a success. I changed the rear wheel with the bulging tire. Took it for a ride around my 1/2 mile test track. It rides and handles good at 45. Next the front anti-sway bar gets installed.

Bolted the rocker panels on it today and set a front fender in place. The car is 7" off the ground at the rockers. I wanted 6" so that isn't too bad

Latest posts

Back