Another International Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great looking truck man, would like to see some more of your build pics. I like the front supsension, I almost kept the stock style suspension on my build.

P3030079-1.jpg

Bigger pics coming.

2007_0508CameraNew0011-1.jpg

That's pretty much all the pics worth posting. Not much of a picture taker. Thanks for the nice comments. I've spent many hours going through many posts on this site in the last few days and have enjoyed it a great deal. With the friendly nature of the folks on here, RRR can only grow and prosper.

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind remarks. Since I retired 10 years ago I spend most of my time building hot rods. What a great life! I do spend a couple hours reviewing all the good stuff on this site.
A question: How does RRR support itself financially? Do/can members contribute in any way?

Thanks for the kind remarks. Since I retired 10 years ago I spend most of my time building hot rods. What a great life! I do spend a couple hours reviewing all the good stuff on this site.
A question: How does RRR support itself financially? Do/can members contribute in any way?

Good Question! Our fearless leader pretty much calls this his "hobby site".
It is one of the reasons why the site remains to be one of the best car forums on the web. It is built by using more quality, than quanity. Most forums are built by trying to get the all important people numbers, for advertising. Here Tripper will tell you, "it is not that expensive", and that his son really helps out in making it run. Unless something has changed, I think the best thing is to support by posting and keeping this a friendly site. All of the long term members are anti-flaming, and try to post positive encouragement, while at the same time trying to spot any safety problems with a persons build. Passing along information to members with questions is most important.
Also there is a lot of charity type events held here. Contests and even the section devoted to charity. Much like a good car club, the object is not to make money, but to support the community.
Our community here runs on the personalities of the members. It is obvious that you have great skills as a builder, just pass those skills along to the rest of us the best you can.

2007_0816turkey0140.jpg

Here's a '35 International I built last year. This is my first new thread. I've never initiated one before, so I'm not sure how to post multiple pictures. The truck has a 250-6 Chevy with a Saginaw 4 speed and S-10 rear end. A narrowed F-1 (or F-100) front axle on parallel leaf springs in front and quarter eliptics without shackles hold up the rear. I'll post construction shots and provide more information a bit later.

Very cool truck.
I am interested in how you went about narrowing the front axle. Angle cut,pre heat/post heat,Mig/Tig/Stick,how much did you take out????

Fred

What a great looking truck!!! Thanks for reposting the pics.

Where did you come up with that intake??? That and the exhaust truly give it a one-of-a-kind look!

Altered Ego- I bought Leo Santucci's book on Chevy 6 cylinder engines. Mainly because I have a couple 292's in the corner. There are numerous pics of intakes and I was able to figure out what the plenum size should be. Then, I just grabbed some 14ga sheetmetal and began cutting and welding. In a Rodder's Journal a few years ago the writer commented that Chevy 6's have a 'good' side and an 'ugly' side, the side with nothing on it. So I ran part of the exhaust over there just to fill the space.

I really like the lines on that cab, i really like the fact that you angled the roof, makes it look real mean. great work on the frame it looks real good.

Pablo

Pablo, Thanks for the nice comments. I really appreciate it. The chop is even at about 4". Probably a half inch more by the time I eliminated all the gaps. The International roof has a natural forward slant. Plus I mounted the cab on the frame with 4" of forward tilt. If you look at a side view you'll see that the cab sits on top of the frame in the back and is channeled 4" at the firewall.

Altered Ego, The Santucci book is titled: Chevrolet Inline Six-Cylinder. They are on eBay all the time, either auction or "buy it now". Generally if you search for 292 Chev 6, there will be some offerings.

Bob

2007_0816turkey0141.jpg

Here's a full frontal view. I think I posted it on a different thread, but I suspect the pic was tiny.

Latest posts

Back