Another Volksrod!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you all! Its been great to get a little feedback from some people outside the VW world. Hope to have it on the road in some form this summer.

Not a lot to see.l.. but did make a lot of progress... basically finished the last rocker... welded all pin holes, minor body work to the roof... and a $h*t load of grinding. One more day of grinding and it'll be time to start on the inside. Here's a quick video walk around.

Like it alot...had a few vdubs myself but never had time to hot rod them...

Well I only had one section left uncut... so what the hell!

Shaved the center rib off the hood

610.jpg

609.jpg

611.jpg

617.jpg

But left a little on the nose and tapered it to a point... It needed a little character.

625.jpg

And started the inner structure for the new hood line.

631.jpg

636.jpg

638.jpg

Nice job, turning out sweet.
I'm thinking real serious about getting into one of these as I watch the gasoline prices creep towards $4/gal.

Nice project

That is going to be BADA$$, I like your thought progress on the hood, that is going to be one nice ride when you are done. The wheel combo is just right. I gotta get a bug,..........

Brother;

Dawg, where did you get the clamps you show in the hood mod pic, I have been trying to find some of those A friend told me Harbour Freight but they never saw them , Help Please,,, Thankyou !!

butt clamps. harbor freight or order form them online. eastwood has them but not cheap.

The hood is coming along now... here are a few progress pics:

New lip for the hood to sit on
655.jpg

Hinge Point
649.jpg

A little bracing
671.jpg

Start of the latch
674.jpg

686.jpg

bug

Mighty fine lookin' ride Bulldog, How many hours do ya estimate ya have in it?
I always liked bugs, I've owned several over the years. More pics too if ya don't mind:D

Latest posts

Back