Anyone watch Pickers?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hoarding

about a year and a half ago I cleaned out the garage and hauled a junk pickup filled to 8,000# and a box trailer of unused unsold salvaged car parts trailer and all 6800#...over the scales for a pittance when Iron was down at about $50 a ton...
I took my blown up 6.2 diesel engine over the scales last week and got $86 for it.
man do I wish I had waited on junking all that other stuff.

the only thing i see with the show is they have made it hard for the little guys to buy anything at a reasonable price from anybody.

rust is only the beginning[cl[cl[cl

That is very true...

the only thing i see with the show is they have made it hard for the little guys to buy anything at a reasonable price from anybody.[cl[cl[cl

Yup. With all these shows, antique road show, hot rod shows and all that have made it damn hard to get a good deal on stuff. Everybody now thinks everything thats got a little dirt on it is valuable. One thing I have always hated for years and years in the classic car community when buying a project is the term "Classic" or "Antique". Not every old car is a classic, and just because it is an antique does not mean its all that valuable. EVERYTHING someday will be technically an antique, but doesn't mean it's vauable. If you find a 100 year old pile of dog schit, guess what? Its still dog schit and aint worth anything. It's just a pile of OLD dog schit.. lol.. Sorry about the poor tastes anylogy, but that's how I see it anyway.. [S

And on the same subject, NO, I am not buying your sentiment. I am buying the item. Your sentiment has no value to me.

just sayin.. :rolleyes:

the last time I took steel in to be scraped "Block steel Seattle Wa" the guy at the scale said they only paid for over 500# .When I went to leave he would not weigh me! and said I had less then the min so he did not weigh me going in. I had well over 800#.I am broke and have three or four cars to scrap right now but The five from last summer just cost to much to get gone.

Latest posts

Back