Baby it's cold outside

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's see some temps for today. It's 67 here and 43 about ten miles to the north. Calling for low twentys the next couple of mornings.

You southern guys better get ready to pull up your big boy long undies.

They are calling for windchills of -35˚ to -45˚ when I start work tomorrow morning.

Man I hope you don't have to work outside in it.
too tough for my old bones!
8-10 hrs Monday thru Friday. The temps don't bother me, it's the wind that I don't like. Really, when it's around freezing is the worst because it's a damp cold that goes to the bone. Get down around 0˚ and it's just crisp.

Even Florida looks like it might get some freezing temps.

Last edited:
78 on the front porch in the shade. Only had 4 days of winter so far. When it drops in the 40s and below, I light the fire.

You southern guys better get ready to pull up your big boy long undies.

They are calling for windchills of -35˚ to -45˚ when I start work tomorrow morning.

Drove to church and it was in the high 50's, got out of church and it was in the high 70's. Tomorrow it is supposed to be a high of 63 - in the morning. Supposed to drop like a rock throughout the day waking up Tuesday to freezing temps :eek: Then back to low 80's by Thursday. This is just crazy.

The temps don't bother me, it's the wind that I don't like. Really, when it's around freezing is the worst because it's a damp cold that goes to the bone. Get down around 0˚ and it's just crisp.

Copy that. -35 today, no wind. (It's only painful when the wind blows.) Otherwise, I refer to the cold as "fresh". :D

gonna be in the single digits tonite....I'm a native Texan, I heard it said that when you can take everything in your freezer and throw it in the yard, then it's froze even more in the morning you have gone too far north, son. I think I'm real close.....

A friend sent me this (from Fort McMurray AB)...

attachment.php

Attachments

• fort mac jan 5 2013.jpg
    fort mac jan 5 2013.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 39
Just got back from walking the dogs. -28 F, 15 mph breeze. It was refreshing. The packed snow under foot actually squeeks.

Garage is at 65 degrees so let the building begin.

Pretty cool ice sculpture, Dr. C.:D

-13° here with a wind chill of -41° that's just too cold for Indiana!! And with my garage being the driveway with a foot of snow on it, I don't think I'll be working on the truck today!

I am in Clarksville Tn this morning, 5 degrees, wind chill way below 0. Wife said it was 12 degrees at home. Which one of you Canadians left the fridge door open? :)

Latest posts

Back