Back from the dead....Again?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71rat

Its been a while. I never did do anything with that '48 IHC flatbed i have... its still sittin in the yard.

but some of ya'll remember this....
DSCF1094-1.jpg

Which turned into this....
DSCF1520.jpg

But what you dont know, is it turned into this....
DSCF1806.jpg

DSCF1899.jpg

DSCF1973.jpg

So i bought a parts truck. I tore the wrecked body off of the ford, and i'm getting ready to paint the frame.

Just thought i'd give you guys (if theres any of the group i used to hang with on here left) a little update on what i've been workin on. So far the plans for the "new" truck are a 390 big block and 4 speed, It already has a spool, its gonna get lowered in the front more (all spring) and Sooner or later im gonna graft a 67-72 chevy truck suspension into the rear and bag it. The truck will be painted with rustoleum semi-gloss black spraypaint again, and the paint scheme will stay the same.

I love these things. my favorite fords are the 62-63 unibody "slick" F-100's, 67-72 "bumpsides", 91-97 F series and the 99-06 F-series.

The 390 is out of the 69 parts truck, and the 4 speed is out of a 76 F-250 crew cab. its still got the original 71 9 inch in the rear with 3.23 gears. I may go to 3.07 or something like that. I'm going for a bulletproof power & drivetrain. By the time its all said and done, i should have about 1000 bucks into it, including the previous build of it.

I'm trying to stay with a "retro" 50's style hot rod kind of look.

The damage didn't look THAT bad? You'll need to have your I-beams bent when you cut the springs. You can get drop beams too. Ya know a 65-66 Slick body should direct bolt on to that frame - I know it's not a uni, but...

The A pillar and the floor of the cab was bent. the front two cab mounts broke off the frame. it also had alot of rust through. the parts truck has no rust at all.

Latest posts

Back