BilletProof Drags

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Troy, those pictures are all professional quality and you sure took lot of them. :) Thanks for going through all the time and trouble to take them and post them for us, felt like I was back there again.

Rules??? We don't need no stinkin' rules !! :D The drivers meeting before the race was kinda cool, Alan basically said no alcohol if you are driving and don't get hurt out there. These events relax the normal rules to allow guys like me whose cars would never pass tech at a regular race make a few passes. You sign a waiver and go have fun.

The very neat part about the whole event is how friendly and laid back everybody is. Alan from BP puts on some of the best events anywhere and everybody at the track treats you well and goes out of their way to let you have fun.

Oh, Dr. Crankenstein, that Krankenstein altered is really an imposter........the driver is a chick ! :eek::D (But she can't spell worth a darned)

Don

Don, The camera is just a little point and shot I take with me everywhere I go...and it takes great pictures. BP was a total blast and I'll be making the trip every year now...maybe next year I'll have my 37 there!:D See you at TRR!

Oh and don't worry Dr. C! We all know who the real Crankenstein is!

-Troy

Rules??? We don't need no stinkin' rules !! :D The drivers meeting before the race was kinda cool, Alan basically said no alcohol if you are driving and don't get hurt out there. These events relax the normal rules to allow guys like me whose cars would never pass tech at a regular race make a few passes. You sign a waiver and go have fun.

The very neat part about the whole event is how friendly and laid back everybody is. Alan from BP puts on some of the best events anywhere and everybody at the track treats you well and goes out of their way to let you have fun.

Oh, Dr. Crankenstein, that Krankenstein altered is really an imposter........the driver is a chick ! :eek::D (But she can't spell worth a darned)

Don

Oh and don't worry Dr. C! We all know who the real Crankenstein is!

-Troy

Thanks, Troy!

I'm glad you had fun, and didn't break anything, Don. When you said it started to fall off, I was thinking, "Oh, oh, valvetrain." :eek: Good thing I was wrong. :D Got any plans to help it hook? Some chassis tuning, perhaps?

No rules. Damn, I wish we had events like that up here. Everybody's wrapped up so tight in somebody's rules, they've forgotten how to have fun. :(

Back in 2000, we went to the old AHRA World Finals in Spokane WA. Real "run what you brung" stuff. A similar drivers' meeting, and the only written rule they had was "NO GLASS CONTAINERS IN THE STAGING LANES". So you can drink, just don't break a bottle! :eek: Long story short, I never had so much fun at a racetrack before or since.

The shameless imposter, hmmm, two can play that game. I'd be willing to break my own rules, and spell my name wrong to race like that. Next year, have a good look at "Krankenstein". If she's 6' 3'', kinda heavy, and looks like my avatar in lipstick.........

I'm glad you had fun, and didn't break anything, Don. When you said it started to fall off, I was thinking, "Oh, oh, valvetrain." Good thing I was wrong. Got any plans to help it hook? Some chassis tuning, perhaps?

No, that will probably be the only time the car will ever run down the track. I felt bad beating on it as hard as I did because it really is just a street driver and I would like to keep from breaking anything. Good slicks would have helped immensely, but I have 28 spline axles in the 9 inch rear, no driveshaft loop, a phoney roll bar, and although the tires are all new they are bias plies.

Last night I dragged out a 350 Chevy engine that I bought in an ex drag car Camaro a couple of years ago, and am thinking of building a simple, old school altered to mount it in. All it would take is a glass Bantam body, some 2 x 3 tubing, a strong 9 inch rear, and a bunch of stuff I have in my stash. But then I would have to buy a trailer, spend more money, etc, etc. Bob W has the right idea with his dragster...........loads of fun and I bet he doesn't break a lot of parts.

I am just happy the Man upstairs let me have a blast and not end up testing that helmet.:D:D

Don

Latest posts

Back