BimmerRod - 1949 BMW 321 sedan

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
on the left . . . slightly rusty lower part of the right frame rail . . on the right . . fresh metal . . aaaah!!

img0364es.jpg

[;)

img0384jc.jpg

thats some good work on repairing the frame.. keep up the good work

I don't know how I missed this thread,[S but you've got yourself one interesting and unique rod there!.[cl I agree that it looks a bit like a Fiat and I love those.. Keeping the Billet and Alloys off the car seems like a good idea too.:D Keep the pics coming and good luck with it no matter how you build it!...CR:D

was really not in the mood for more welding today . . so I decided to try if the engine fits . .

pretty ok . . . I think . .
img0390vq.jpg

lots of room for radiator and stuff in the front . . and since the M62 is quite short there isn't much of the tranny going in the passenger space . . all good so far . . now the measuring for the rear axle can start ;)
img0392p.jpg

there is so much room above the engine . . I'm thinking about 3 inches of channeling . .

MY 2pennies..... I like it, gd choice staying all Bimmer, But it it would look sick as a gasser...keep up the good work though and major props for defying the norm!!! [cl

Ohhhhh I LIIIKE that engine in there. This whole project is just cool. Can't wait to see where this goes. I'd paint it for sure to bring out those cool body line and beading. This'll be really sharp when done.

Bruce

loving that project. after seeing the engine in there im wondering what you can do with the steering column since it looks like it would have to go through the engine. how much room is on the side of the engine to fit a colmn down there, and is there enough space to place a joint at either end?

Fascinating! Sorry to bring an old thread back, but I have been thinking of doing something similar with my 1938 BMW 327, pictured here (outdoors only because my garage was being renovated). I was considering something a bit milder - I just want a nice car to drive, not something to run in a 1/4 mi...We gotta talk, Boogieman.
oldbmwinsideyard.jpg

new 321

Hi.

New to this rust rods forum but joined as I saw your car in a search of 321s.

I have just bought one so thought it a good to connect.

I can't tell if mine was built out of agricultural supplies or given the gasser treatment but certainly a lot of work ahead.

Hi.

New to this rust rods forum but joined as I saw your car in a search of 321s.

I have just bought one so thought it a good to connect.

I can't tell if mine was built out of agricultural supplies or given the gasser treatment but certainly a lot of work ahead.

looks like boogieman hasn't been here since 5/18/12

Latest posts

Back