Central Washington state.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Visinedrops

Hey there. I was referred to the site from a member at Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum. I've got a 1961 Ford Falcon as my daily driver, and an '83 Jag xj6 as my alternate vehicle. Both of them need a LOT of work, but I'm able to hop in a drive either of them. :)

Welcome to RRR, Visinedrops. Amazed it's not been mentioned yet but, pics are always welcome,,,,no required.:D We'd like to see that Falcon & Jag.

Here's the Jag. I've been thinking...I have never seen a Jag rat rod. Maybe this could work to my advantage.

Frontleft.jpg

A lot can be done with a Jag. You may have heard of guys putting in small block chevys or fords. You can also put in a big block, if so desired. There are several companies that provide kits to make it much easier. $1500 will get you everything you need-driveshaft, radiator, motor mounts, everything but the car, engine and tranny! Check out Johns Cars in Tejas, Jaguar Specialties and/or Suncoast conversions. I've not yet seen a HEMI stuck in one, but that would be a cool idea-if it can be done!

If you (or anyone else with a Jag motor) want to keep the original 4.2L, check out this article jag-lovers xj.
In this web published book the guy goes through porting and polishing the intake and heads, cc-ing the heads, stronger springs, valves and a healthier cam to improve hp. No work is required to the exhaust as it flows well enough. Don't worry about the bottom end...it has a strong crank, thick bearings and extra thick connecting rod. Did you know the rods are 7.75" long :eek:(compare to 5.7" sbc rods)?

Whatever you decide, have fun! :D

Latest posts

Back