Couldnt help myself

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm new to RRR and I just read your entire build! I will never look at custom trucks the same again! You have raised the bar so high that other radical customs pale in comparison. This truck is artistry in motion! Can't wait to see it on the road! I might have to come to a show you enter it in just to see it in person. Looking forward to future installments.

34 Chevy 3-window coupe
75 Sportster custom

I hear ya brother! Looking killer.

Yea every time I look at my frame I think wonder if................. [S but you got way better fab skills

I sure like your skills and imagination, you make it all seem so simple.LOL

Thanks guys, I know I havent posted in a while, but from the time I have added rear disc brakes, got my cowel steering in, and ready to put my air management system for my air bags. I have to stop for a bit due to the fact that I am out of town on job for 12 weeks...... hope to get on the road in July

Thanks Curt:D

Back

Well I am back after a long out of town job and a divorce, what a combo. Any how I am going to start to finish my little project and atleast make it to one show this season. I plan on get my air management system maybe next week and my brake system to get me rolling, I will keep you posted as i move forward:D

B.K. , Welcome back to the Board. We have never exchanged any comments here as you were leaving as I was getting on board. Had great pleasure reading thru your project.Your build is a great piece of Rat art! Will be watching for the conclusion. Hope all works out for you.

Best, Z.Z.

This truck. Is like a real cartoon the lines and curves r amazing ! Very well done ! You need to stopp going out of town and builds some rods 4 those who can t class !

Very nice build!!...this is what I love so much about rat rods...you can pretty much create what ever your imagination can design and build.

Excellent job![cl[cl

welcome back man... sorry to hear about your troubles... get in the garage.. crank up some music and grind/beat on some metal.. always seems to help me escape...

have you put any thought into what sort of air management system you are going to run? I havent put a whole lot.. but was leaning towards an engine driven compressor... any thoughts?

Holy Crap this thing is COOL!!!!!! [dr

Absolutely love what you’ve done with this truck/build. [cl[cl[cl

Please keep us posted on any more updates. [P

Thanks guys, its great to be back with you all. I have been collect all my parts, today I picked up my air management system from slam bags.I think its going to work perfect with what I have. I hope to get started on it this weekend so hopefully I will have some pics.....And thanks again for the warm return welcome

Curt:)

welcome back man... sorry to hear about your troubles... get in the garage.. crank up some music and grind/beat on some metal.. always seems to help me escape...

have you put any thought into what sort of air management system you are going to run? I havent put a whole lot.. but was leaning towards an engine driven compressor... any thoughts?

I am running a dual pack system from vair, its acually pretty small and can fill a 5 gallon tank I think in less than a min. Also you might want to think about if your running only one compresure and it goes out your pretty screwed.So how is you build comming along?

Odd that no one has commended the use of the Pontiac instead of the sbc.
I will step up and do that right now
402471.gif

i second the props for pontiac power! id follow the same suit but the turbo'd 400 is going into my 70 formula...so instead goes a TT I6

Air bags

Well I started working on it again, I had to make all the pumps and tank fit in a small area behind the cab and in front of the rear axel. I still have to run the air lines to the bags which should be interesting to say the least. I posted some picks hope it will show what I have going on.

CURT

Attachments

• IMG_20100829_151041[2].jpg
    IMG_20100829_151041[2].jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_20100829_150951[1].jpg
    IMG_20100829_150951[1].jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_20100829_151004[1].jpg
    IMG_20100829_151004[1].jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20100831_120058[1].jpg
    IMG_20100831_120058[1].jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_20100831_120110[1].jpg
    IMG_20100831_120110[1].jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_20100906_125008[1].jpg
    IMG_20100906_125008[1].jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20100906_125040[1].jpg
    IMG_20100906_125040[1].jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_20100906_125101[1].jpg
    IMG_20100906_125101[1].jpg
    79 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_20100906_140308[1].jpg
    IMG_20100906_140308[1].jpg
    72 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
like how you mounted everything in a nice package to the air tank, unless it came that way? i like how you mounted your gauge and switches panel to the column, had something similar brewing in my head for when i get the cab and brand new drivetrain all onto the frame. none the less, diggin the build.

like how you mounted everything in a nice package to the air tank, unless it came that way? i like how you mounted your gauge and switches panel to the column, had something similar brewing in my head for when i get the cab and brand new drivetrain all onto the frame. none the less, diggin the build.

The tank and pumps are seperate items, I welded brackets to the tank and then mounted the pumps. I am also using the new air block, it dosent require valves or swithes its a stand alone unit that dose both. This system is amazingly fast.....

Curt

looks good indeed. im going to go old fashion and just use 4 valves/switches with the dual compressor and 5gallon. though i still dont know if im going to go all 4 corner, axles, or what...

Latest posts

Back