Damn tornado

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilD

Yesterday a tornado went through a small town my grandparents lived in. They had a big barn and a couple sheds for tools and such. I havent seen it myself but my mom and brother called and said the barn and sheds are leveled. My grandparents are long gone and somebody out of the family lives there but it still hit me because that was big part of my childhood. Racing the pedal car around in that big old barn, helping my grandpa in his garden, even helping my dad replace an engine using the over beam hoist. Alot of memories there.

Sorry to hear that, they must be north of us.....we had all the warnings and some good wind but no type of damage. Gotta tell ya I have lived in this area my whole life and seen some good storms but the last couple of years are getting wild around here in the spring and fall.

We are just off of 173 in Machesney Park and my grandparents old place is on 173 in Caledonia. Where are you at?
After that one in Poplar Grove and now this one Im nervous. Not a good pattern!

I am just outside Peoria.......ya those ones we had in the first part of June leveled parts of two towns less that 5 mi from my house.

Sorry to hear about it. The tornados are pretty strange about how they pick through what they tear up. Just lucky no one was hurt, or worse.

There were some kids on a school bus that got a little banged up but nothing serious from what Ive heard so far.

I've witnessed a couple of small ones and a water spout. Seen the aftermath of a couple of big ones first hand. Truly amazing some of the weird things that take place, no rhyme or reason for some of it. Not something I want to be in the middle of thanks.

Latest posts

Back