"Dark Sarcasm"

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
metal all the way if you can. trucks look nice with all that purty wood in the back but i couldn't haul stuff without having a heart attack everytime if my bed was super nice like that.

Hey the shop looks great. It's always nice to work inside. Is that a box of puppies I see on the floor in the last pic?

That is a planter to hold plants that is supposed to look like a box of puppies, they look just like our Trixie girl. Good eye Gastrick! When you don't have anywhere else to put stuff, it tends to go into the garage and basically forgotten about, I need to put some plants in it and get it back out at the front door. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

I got out in the shop on Monday I think it was,
Removed both inner fenderwells, relocated the battery, and pulled the seat out. Next thing I need to do is make a proper battery tray to protect the batt. from rocks and things like that.
Last night I went out long enough to remove the black rubber floor mat and insulation under it. Got it all cleaned it all out and started running the wires for speakers. Think I might need to run some extra wires for future expansion..you know, the one that goes to the little blue button on the steering wheel...:D

I will post pics soon, but will probably be Friday...

I haven't posted on this thread in a while. The pics have been seen here before but wanted to put the most recent ones up. I have done a little more work on the truck and will post more daylight pics tomorrow...with any luck, the "Dark and Sarcastic One" might just get a little flogging in the AM.....

Stay tuned, this story isn't finished yet.....;)

Attachments

• 44 001.JPG
    44 001.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 44 003.JPG
    44 003.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 28
No body kit here Joe.
Those things cost money, I don't have any of that !!!!!

I'm still here cuz you guys let me stay here, even after I posted pics of an 81 Stepper. :eek:

Take a look @ what a guy from work gave me the other day....

Yes, "GAVE ME"

Rockford Fosgate P2 12" subwoofer. Needs a minor repair, but will sound good as new when done.

Attachments

• Fosgate Sub 004.JPG
    Fosgate Sub 004.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Fosgate Sub 005.JPG
    Fosgate Sub 005.JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Fosgate Sub 008.JPG
    Fosgate Sub 008.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 13
No body kit here Joe.
Those things cost money, I don't have any of that !!!!!

I'm still here cuz you guys let me stay here, even after I posted pics of an 81 Stepper. :eek:

i know, thats what so cool about it. Free speakers are definantly awesome. I don't get it, do you stand out in front of wal-mart with a "Times are tough, please donate hot-rod parts" sign? :D I'm just kidding you dude.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

No Joe,
nuthin like that. The guy that gave me the seats I have in my truck now is tha same guy that gave me the the Fosgate. See, he is in my Guard unit and they just got back from Balad, Iraq. He pretty much is redoing his entire car (a little Eclipse) with the surpluss of cash his wife saved him while he was overseas, I hit him up at just the right time......Twice.....:D

I would rather be lucky than good any day.!.!.!.!.!.!.!.!.!.

Antbody got a 400 Watt amp I can have to power that monster with, I only need 1 channel....:eek:....

i know, thats what so cool about it. Free speakers are definantly awesome. I don't get it, do you stand out in front of wal-mart with a "Times are tough, please donate hot-rod parts" sign? :D I'm just kidding you dude.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
I can't even get him to go near Wally-World with me, I stop into the Wally-World gas station and he starts to look like a long tailed cat in a room full of rockin' chairs!! :eek: :eek:

Well you would too, If you were in my shoes.....

I snapped a few pics in the daylight today. This is what "Dark Sarcasm" looks like as of today....

I always want feedback.

Attachments

• In the Sun 001.JPG
    In the Sun 001.JPG
    178.7 KB · Views: 34
  • In the Sun 002.JPG
    In the Sun 002.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 25
  • In the Sun 003.JPG
    In the Sun 003.JPG
    191.7 KB · Views: 44
  • In the Sun 004.JPG
    In the Sun 004.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 13
  • In the Sun 005.JPG
    In the Sun 005.JPG
    161.8 KB · Views: 26
and here is 5 more...

Attachments

• In the Sun 006.JPG
    In the Sun 006.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 19
  • In the Sun 007.JPG
    In the Sun 007.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 8
  • In the Sun 008.JPG
    In the Sun 008.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 14
  • In the Sun 009.JPG
    In the Sun 009.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 13
  • In the Sun 010.JPG
    In the Sun 010.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 15
I have been playing with the idea of buying some round lights and sinking them in the rear bumper. Maybe some trailor lights or something lik that.

Stacks,
I love the idea of stacks but I'm not sure I can pull it off. Only because of the layout of the frame, the woodwork in the bed, and where the gas tank is mounted in the stock location.

Future plans are to move the gas tank so I can still get lower to the ground. Plans also include a new set of headers. only reason for that is cause the collectors drac on speed bumps as it is. Need shorter ones but don't wat the "shorty" truck header. (playin with the idea of making my own) I've also thought of sidepipes ?????

Thanks for the feedback Motomech.

Everybody else can offer up some ideas as well.

do it all in the bed the mufflers are right under the bed it would be easy
number 32 is where your 2 pipes would enter

Attachments

• 6637537-0-display.jpg
    6637537-0-display.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 31

Latest posts

Back