"Dark Sarcasm"

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you like it better hold on to it ,i learned my leson on my clone truck .
I get real atached to things and have a hard time letting go though:rolleyes:
I am curios though ,if you do build something else ,what will it be?????
One thing is for sure ,my next builds will be cheeper on gas!?

I don't have a clue as to what I would build to be honest.

2 things are certain though........
1. It will be a bowtie (or @ least a bowtie Heartbeat)
2. It will be off the wall.

I would love to be able to start me a scratch built rod like you started...

I don't have a clue as to what I would build to be honest.

2 things are certain though........
1. It will be a bowtie (or @ least a bowtie Heartbeat)
2. It will be off the wall.

I would love to be able to start me a scratch built rod like you started...

If you do posty it, i would love to see it ! 1920's something crazy!!!?
I wander why the other guys [scratch builds] Havent posted ?Been a long time now?

This is what I did over the weekend...

Attachments

• 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 43
  • 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    181.3 KB · Views: 34
Really all I did was elevate it.

But hey, it git the breather up off of the motor heat a little bit. Well in my pricerange too.........FREE

I see ya got into a project this weekend. Sometimes the simple projects makes the real fun in our builds!
I like the big thick breather ,where'd ya get it ?

All I did was take another Low Profile base and cut it up, bolted it to the bottom if another one that was flipped upside down. It raised the air filter about 3 inches.

Once again, did it with stuff I had lying around the garage. Only thing I spent was time, no money.

I wish I would have seen this build before now. Pretty cool and we started about the same time. I bought this for my then 14 year old son. He did most of the work. He will be 16 in a few months and it's ready to drive.
DSCF2857.jpg

DSCF2888.jpg

DSCF2905.jpg

052.jpg

We moved the front & rear mounts up for the leaf springs 2" . Flipped the axle over the springs and cut some coils in the front. We have to get the 3" drop spindles for the front and that will get it in the weeds. Future plans call for 2" bigger tires all the way around and a 3" body drop. After that we may see about taking 3" out of the roof.

I wish I would have seen this build before now. Pretty cool and we started about the same time. I bought this for my then 14 year old son. He did most of the work. He will be 16 in a few months and it's ready to drive.
DSCF2857.jpg

DSCF2888.jpg

DSCF2905.jpg

052.jpg

We moved the front & rear mounts up for the leaf springs 2" . Flipped the axle over the springs and cut some coils in the front. We have to get the 3" drop spindles for the front and that will get it in the weeds. Future plans call for 2" bigger tires all the way around and a 3" body drop. After that we may see about taking 3" out of the roof.

Looks like your learning alot but if you want to keep doing this stuff, PUT A MASK ON SO YOU DONT DIE.....LOL.

Rebstew,
Do you still have the cab lights, and are you still running the cab visor.

I would also like to put a streetscoop like that on the "Dark Sarcastic" truck.

Looks like your learning alot but if you want to keep doing this stuff, PUT A MASK ON SO YOU DONT DIE.....LOL.

That is my son at 14 with the gun. Yeah he needed a mask on but we had 3 doors open on the garage. Funny with the way you worded that. I had met Ed Roth years ago and he signed a very colorfull T shirt that I use to paint in all the time. He wrote: To Steve, Wear a mask or die! Ed Roth
:D

Rebstew,
I like it. very cool...Just tell me you got more pics...:eek:

The burnout vid is always a crowd pleaser.
I didn't want to hi jack your thread. There are 100's of pics and a full run down on the build on the club web site. Here's the link> http://www.scroungers.net/project-progress-f9/corey-s-stepside-chevy-t977.htm

Rebstew,
Do you still have the cab lights, and are you still running the cab visor.

I would also like to put a streetscoop like that on the "Dark Sarcastic" truck.

Still running the visor. I looked all over trying to find one and ended up buying one off of a broken down truck two blocks away from my house.
Cab lights are gone. I held on to them for a while and started cleaning up the garage and tossed them.

Well let's see, what did I get done this weekend?

Got my new Starter installed (gear reduction)
E-3 diamondfire plugs put in
8mm Taylor race wires (Pretty Blue)
MSD cap & rotor

Still need:
MSD ignition module
5qts. Royal purple oil w/filter
TH 350 rebuild kit w/steels
New air filter

I'm sure im forgrttin something but I had fun playin around.

Latest posts

Back