Daytona Turkey Run?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gastrick

One of the Dirty Dozen!
Do any of you fellas here on the board plan to attend the Turkey Run next month in Daytona Beach, Fl. I know Donsrods and his sons are going. I'd like to know who else is coming so we can meet if possible. Me, my brother, and my dad will have the same cars there we always drive. If you don't know what they are, I'll post them so you know what to look for. Also, if you PM me, I'll give you my cell phone number and hotel info. As usual, I will post much photo coverage after the show for those that can't attend.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay !!!!!!! 28 days to go !!!!!!!!!! [cl[cl

Don

You got that right Don. I really need a vacation and I look forward to this every year. I can't wait to get on the road. I wonder each year if I'm getting too old to get beat up by my coupe for six hours each way but as soon as I settle down in the bomber seat and aim it north, I feel great for the whole trip and the drive goes by way too quickly. I burn a lot of fuel though with the straight linkage 4X2 on my big Chrysler :D. I wish gas was cheaper. Got my highway gears in the quickchange right now. My number one son is driving my Rat Merc.

I feel the same way. I am driving my 27 and with 4.30 gears and open headers (for better gas milage) 5 hours on the highway is like driving cross country. :eek: Dan and Don are trailering and I am not so sure they don't have the right idea.

One good thing is that gas is dropping a little bit the last few days. Hope it continues because that high test doesn't last long when you are cranking 3,000 rpms for hours at a time. You are soooooooooooo lucky to have a quickchange.

Don

I'm going to try & make it. Don't have anything cool to drive over there, but will probably make it to see what it's all about.

Daytona turkey run

Last year I had a intermitent electrical problem,[ddd without warning the truck would just shut off. Wiggle the wire at the dist. and it would start back up!![S
Drove it home and I was at the wrong end of the wire!!!:eek::rolleyes: But all fixed now!!! [clNew front tires and alinment,finally got dash done,and a few other things for this year. Hope to see everybody there!!!!!![cl:D

Doug

The swap meet alone takes a few days to really see all of it. I think you could start out at one end with nothing and be able to build a complete car from the used and new parts being sold. From the second we park our cars until the end of the day, we never leave the swap meet section.

Don

Bill is very easy to spot at any car show.

Don

camera-man-1.jpg

Wow, is Turkey Run really a week away ?????? [cl I can't believe it is already here.

Spent some time this week changing the oil and plugs, also tightened up all the nuts and bolts on the car and repacked the wheel bearings. I noticed I am getting a weird wear pattern on my front tires, some of the treads are wearing faster than others. Not like tires just wearing out, but more of a sawtooth pattern where some treads are fine and others are much smaller.:confused:

Straight axle front ends don't have all that much you can adjust, just the caster and toe in, so I checked my toe in. I was shocked to see it was toed in 1/2 inch ! :eek: The car drove fine, even at 90 mph, so I am not sure how it changed from the 1/8 inch I originally set it at 2 years ago. I redid the toe in to 1/8 inch and took it for a test ride. It didn't feel any different, but at least I know it is now where it should be. When I get back from TR I am going to have to replace the front tires, but in the meantime I am going to take the front tires and wheels off of my rpu project and take them with me just in case I have a problem enroute.

We are leaving on Thanksgiving Day because Don has to play Wednesday night. But nothing much happens in Daytona until Friday anyway. Hope everyone has a safe trip.

Don

Wish it wasn't half a country away, I'd love to go just for the swap meet if nothing else..Enjoy and have a safe trip to you guys that are going..

What days are everyone planning on being there? We will only be able to make it one day with the kid and all so we are trying to see if fri or sat would be better.

If I can get the planets to realign I may make the 1000 plus mile trip. I know I would if I can find a gas getter to borrow instead of truck. My diesel gets close to 20 mpg but isnt the most kid friendly.

What days are everyone planning on being there? We will only be able to make it one day with the kid and all so we are trying to see if fri or sat would be better.

We will be there Thur-Sun. Saturday is the most crowded and probably the most cars, but you can't see them all in one day anyway. If I could choose one day to go, it would probably be Friday. Not quite as many people but basically the same amount of cars.

Wow, is Turkey Run really a week away ?????? [cl I can't believe it is already here.

Straight axle front ends don't have all that much you can adjust, just the caster and toe in, so I checked my toe in. I was shocked to see it was toed in 1/2 inch ! :eek: The car drove fine, even at 90 mph, so I am not sure how it changed from the 1/8 inch I originally set it at 2 years ago.

Don

Don....STOP doing wheelies.

Latest posts

Back