Daytona Turkey Run?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a little excited are we? :p

Well, Michael , it's 14 hours, 5 minutes, and 23 seconds till we leave. Oh wait, only 14 hours, 5 minutes and 15 seconds, now................:D

This has been an event my two Sons and I live for since 1982. We have missed very few of the annual Turkey Runs in that 30 year period. Whenever we started having a relationship with some lady we would always say "We have something to tell you...................we will NEVER be spending Thanksgiving with you !" :eek: One GF of mine tried to get herself invited one year but I knew once I gave in that would be the end of just the 3 of us doing our guy weekend together. :D

Oh, it's now 13 hours, 58 minutes, and 12 seconds !!!!!!!!!!! [cl

Don

It looks like you guys should have good weather, well it is nice in Georgia. Hoping everyone makes a safe trip and buy plenty of neat stuff that you don't need. I would.

We are as ready as we are going to be. Our four car hobo express will be leaving at about 0800 tomorrow morning. We had our Thanksgiving tonight. I'll see you fellas on the other side.

Hope your family and everyone else making the trip have a safe one, Bill. We would be leaving today but Don had to play tonight so that killed that idea.

We always have our turkey dinner at that BBQ place on A1 A, I think it is called Hog Heaven. Been our tradition for years and years.

Don

Drive safe Don...watch out for the Floridiots. We're parking with you guys so we'll see you there for sure.

I just assume everybody here knows our cars but Cadman's post made me think that newer members in attendance may not be sure what we drive....so if you see any of the below cars, make sure to introduce yourself...

Me

Me but my son is driving it. (we call it the evil twin to my dad's Merc [ddd )

My dad

My dad, but my brother is driving it. He has an electrical issue we couldn't run down and he didn't want to take a chance of breaking down.

Hope to get to meet everyone and put some faces with cars. Lol. Y'all have a safe trip.

Hey Don where does that countdown stand now? I now your still awake :D

Haha, no David, I actually fell asleep at about 3.:30, but I am up all bright eyed and bushy tailled. :D Countdown now stands at ZERO........we are about ready to head to the shop to pick up our cars and for the next 5 hours my butt will be planted in the seat of my 27.

Hope to run into a lot of you too. Best place to hook up is at BelAire Plaza on AIA because everyone sort of congregates there at night. During the day it is so hard because the Speedway is so big and people are so spread out. You guys know our cars, so please stop by and say hi.

Have a safe drive, guys. Later.......................:D

Don

Everyone have a safe trip. I you see Papa's Speed Shop, tell them (Sam, Susie) hi from Tim and Mindy.
Tim

Saw Don,Dan,and Don jr. on route 92 around 3:00-3:30 pm headed to their hotel. Tried to get Don's attention as we were cruising up 92, But he was in that Groove!!!!:rolleyes::D Called Gastrick around 9:00 am, He was just leaving home!!![S:D down south. Have fun tomorrow, I will be flagging the Crasharama at Orlando Speed World!!

Doug

Well. We are wandering around and havent ran into anyone yet. I have a 6 wheel wagon and my wife has a stroller. If anyone sees us say hello

Ok! Well that was our first time at the turkey run and it was AWESOME!![cl and it was freaking HUGE!:eek:

So I had few goals.

Try to see all the vendors. That will never happen in one day. (I feel like I missed so much):(

Meet up with Don and Gastrick. There were so many cars in the show I couldn't even find them(not to mention where the info lady told me they were parked put us all the way back at the farthest point with the campers)

Buy something cool I wanted (accomplished):D. Got an awesome 6 wheel wagon frame!

And spend the day with my wife and child. (Accomplished):D we are burnt sore and tired but we had a good day, met some random cool people and saw ALOT of nice cars:D

Can't wait till next year. Now I know to plan at least 2 days and not try and rush threw all of it in one day.

My recommendation is for members to post their GPS coordinates next year so we know where to look within 20 feet. [cl:D

I saw on there website that are having a spring show next year. We're going to try our best to plan on attending!

Well that was a great time! Seemed like more cars than ever.. I saw some of your cars but no one was around to Introduce myself.....

turkeyrun401.jpg

turkeyrun368.JPG

turkeyrun360.JPG

turkeyrun363.JPG

All 555 Pictures are here or you can go to the Turkey Run Website:

http://www.jalopyweb.com/turkeyrun12/

Cadman

Some of my favorite pics

Thanks for posting, I'm gonna throw a couple of the cars that I liked from your group!

turkeyrun085.JPG

Wow...
turkeyrun087.JPG

Wow..

turkeyrun143.JPG

What the?

turkeyrun165.JPG

turkeyrun168.JPG

What is this??? [S[S[S[S

turkeyrun368.JPG

The Eagle has landed. I repeat...the Eagle has landed. We're all back home safe and sound. I'll start posting my photos later tonight or tomorrow over in the photo section. We were parked about ten feet from Don and his sons but didn't run into them at all. I'm a little bummed about that but had a great time overall.

I just crawled in the door, literally.............6 hours of sitting in my 27 for 250 miles is not as much fun as it was when I was younger. :eek: I am BEAT !

Thank God we had a safe, uneventful trip, and it is looking like everyone else did too. What I hate about Turkey Run is that it blows by so fast and all the things we plan on doing never happen, like running into some of you guys.

First of all, I owe you an apology David. My cell phone went dead on the way up (I had it in my pants pocket and I think the on button was depressed the whole ride up). I forgot my charger at home and when I just walked in the door and put it on to charge I saw a message from you come up. I am so sorry.

I also wanted to run into Bill and his family but that never happened either. The problem is, our typical day was getting up at about 7 am, having breakfast at the hotel, rushing to get into the Speedway, staying in the swap meet until they closed at 4-5, then heading back to the hotel. We would have a quick beer and take about an hour nap, then go somewhere to eat, and then hit BelAire Plaza until maybe 11. Every day was like that, and we didn't get half of what we wanted to do done.

Billetproof is so much better in the respect that it is held in a smaller venue, whereas Turkey Run is spread out over all of Daytona Beach. Maybe we will finally get to hook up with you guys at BP, I sure hope so.

Right now I have a very loud ringing in my ears from my headers being open from the time I hit Daytona Thursday until I got home today. But it sure was fun. :D Right now there is a scalding hot shower and a nap in my immediate future.

Don

Latest posts

Back