Daytona Turkey Run?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We will be there Thur-Sun. Saturday is the most crowded and probably the most cars, but you can't see them all in one day anyway. If I could choose one day to go, it would probably be Friday. Not quite as many people but basically the same amount of cars.

I am pretty sure that is the day we are shooting for! we are thinking Fri will be less crowded as you said. Hoping to get a chance to meet Don and maybe you too possiably put some faces with some names and all lol

I'm going to crunch the numbers later and see if the trip is possible. Anybody know what it cost to get in? And to enter a car? If I drive my truck I might as well take my trailer and car, right?:)

From what I have seen it is 15 to get in Thursday through sat and 10 on sun. I think I saw 45 to enter a car but I'm not positive on that

As I recall, it is $20 to go in as a spectator, but $40 to enter a car. But for the $40 you get in all 4 days and can take one passenger with you each day, so it is only $ 10 for 2 people that way.

I missed registering on line, they shut it down early, but we can still register at the gates.

Don

I'm all done. [cl Got the mechanical stuff done the other night and today I washed and waxed my 27, got my tools and spare parts together, and now I can sit back and relax until Thursday. :D Even got the tank filled today and covered the car up with sheets to keep it clean.

Dan is half way through cleaning and waxing his rpu, he has the whole undercarriage waxed, now he just has to do the body. Don is going to detail his Monday night, and that should be that.

I really need this time away this year. :D

Don

Hey Don the number that I have from when I bought the air ride. is that your cell number and if so will you be reachable on Friday. Me the wife and child will be there, was hoping to meet up with y'all.

Yep, David, that is the number. We are always in the swap meet area from sun up to sun down, so just give me a yell and we will figure out something. Also, we go to BelAire Plaza every night to hang out, you know our cars, so just look for them there.

Hope we hook up.

I just pulled up the 10 day forecast for Daytona and it looks like Wednesday will be the worst rainwise, but Thursday and Friday are showing only a 10% chance of rain, some wind, and temps in the low 70's during the day and mid 50's overnight. Saturday and Sunday are forecasted to be even nicer with zero chance of rain, same temps, but the wind will be dying down even more.

Looks like it will be pretty pleasant.
[cl
Don

That weather seems awesome. I just wiped the loose dirt off my coupe. Nothing to wax. It still has bug guts stuck to it that I can't get off. I took it out to a local show today for a shakedown. All systems go. We're still piddling with the rest of our cars. Just some last minute stuff.

Well this year isn't going to happen for me. We're going to plan to go next year and be prepared for the trip.

We went last year and had a blast. Wont be able to go this year, too much going on right now. Everyone have a safe trip.:cool:
Tim

I love last minute thrashing [ddd. My brother is driving my dad's 48 Pontiac instead of his own car. He said the car was pulling to the right a little bit so I decided to give it a once over and backyard alignment. We pulled the front wheels off and I noticed that the right side upper control arm bushings were toasted to the point the cross shaft had all kinds of slop. As luck would have it...we had a spare on a project car in our shop. I changed the whole upper control arm assembly out, did an alignment, and the car drives like a charm. Ready to go with that one :D.

I hate last minute surprises. We got our cars checked over and detailed then threw sheets over them and won't touch them until it's time to leave. We are just afraid that something will go wrong with one of them if we touch them.

Glad you caught that little problem before it became a big problem. Are you parking in the HAMB parking area ? We are.

ONE MORE DAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don

That would be cool. The reason the HAMB is able to get a prime spot on the pavement, as opposed to parking on the grass like most people, is because one of the members is also a member of the Daytona Street Rods who host the show.

I've never liked just parking my car out in the field and going away from it all day, too much can happen. The HAMB area is a lot more secure and someone is always around the cars, and they know who should be driving the cars, kinda keeping the potential for theft down somewhat.

Don

Last year I drove the 22 Dodge because it was Warm.

turkeyrun386.jpg

This year I think I will be taking "Frances" my old 56 GMC Purple Truck.
Rick sent me the pass and I will be taking pictures for the website again...

http://www.turkeyrun.com/photo_gallery.html

Scott (AKA Cadman)

Latest posts

Back