Dream Muscle Car?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Hotbuick - That is a really nice looking engine compartment and mortor. It's looks like every time you open the hood it would make you smile. How much time do you spend putting it all together?

Being a Ford Fan, If I hit the lottery, my garage would have a blue 68 Shelby 500R sitting inside. Any of the BIG BLOCK Fords are sweet, but their are so many awesome car's from the mid 60's to 1970. A Sunbeam Tiger with a 289 would be nice, Cuda with a 383 magnum, AMC Javelin or Rebel, GTX, 68 GTO or Le Mons, 55 Chevy I think the 57 is over rated...sorry. 58 Fury, 68 Malibu, 69 Mercury Montego etc. I like the forgotten or different rides. I owned a 70 Mach 1`Trailer Queen once, never again....IF you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch! I didn't have fun worrying if someone was going to get to close and scratch my car.

'70 challenger with a blown 440 or 393 hemi
'68 charger with above said motors
'68-70 mustang/ll/boss with a 429 cobra jet

those i would drive till the wheels fell off

I liked the lightened factory cars. You know the Galaxy lightweight (bubble hood with the 427 hi-riser), Fairlane thunderbolt (same motor), Chevy had some belairs with like the 409's. Dodge/Chrysler had quite a few to max wedges with cross ram manifolds etc and of course anything with a Hemi would be ok with me 427 ace cobra in a heartbeat. Heck even a old boolegger car with a cad motor and truck springs would make me smile. I'd take the vette/camaro/mach I/Hemi cuda/dart/roadrunner/belvedere or GTX's and especially a super bird or daytona with the nose and wing and such with many different great motors, but if I had my druthers I'd rather have the first group of cars above, more raw, more of a handful to drive. :D

Regards,

Rev. Don

one of my dream muscle would be a 68-69 pro-touring style chevelle. air ride. twin turbo big block, the whole thing like you know you have more money then sense type build!!!!!!

SIC
SETTY

Attachments

• Chevelle.jpg
    Chevelle.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 18
How's this for some good ol' Mopar muscle??

I know these dont really fit the term 'muscle' cars, but who wouldnt like this in the garage?

ba836b03.jpg

Mine was and still is the 69 mach1 428cj. My dad bought me one when I was 11 years old. We slowly start the resto and when I was 20 or so I guy offered to buy it and I sold. I kept the 428 though. I have yet to see it since I sold it and they only live 20 miles from me (dont want to either) It now is on a tube chassis with and injected 514.

68 Z28, built pro touring style with twin turbo 302 with 6spd. I had an 82 pace car, but sold it before I knew what I had.:(

Id like to have a 70 Mustang 429 Boss.

Id also like to have a 70 Buick GS Stage 1, 455 4 speed. Just to see what my Dad keeps bragging and going on and on and on about when he had one, lol.

I only have 3 i would like: 1st 1970 plymouth hemi cuda. 2nd 1970 ford boss 429. 3rd 2010 ford mustang gt500 shelby supersnake.

When I was a kid, my oldest brother had a '63 Olds Jetfire. 215 aluminum V-8 with 215 horse. It was turbocharged with alcohol injection during boost. I remember him griping about how much the alcohol cost. It wasn't the fastest thing around but, it sure put down a few big Fords and Chevys. After three or four transmissions, he swapped for a 283 and a four speed. The car slowed down quite a bit. The Jetfire might not have been a "muscle car" but it had the right spirit. I haven't seen a Jetfire since that one.

Latest posts

Back