Endless BS thread

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank God for the advancements in Heart Surgery

They've come a long way in medical procedures..... I'll be keeping your dad in my prayers..... best of luck....

Thanks fellas. The lastest is as follows. They gave him too much of a blood thinning drug at some point today and the surgery can't take place until the levels are acceptable. Hopefully tomorrow. Thanks again.

So sorry he is going through another heart attack. The Docs are amazing now days. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Sorry to hear about your dad, gas. He's in my prayers. If its any consolation the medical procedure he is going to go through is fairly common today, so he should do fine!...cr

Best of luck. bypasses are common place now. Worked well for my dad and his was 10 years ago.

Hey Gas - wish the best for your Dad - I had my triple by-pass in '06 with no problems,but stayed away from the thinners because the asprin a day thinned it enough for me and the one they wanted me to take[cumadin?] I noticed that everyone in my rehab class was having problems with the dosage - it was either to thin or didn't work,but they were going in for blood work like 1 to 3 times a week if not more - so I stayed away from it.

Based on my extensive experience as a heart patient, I'm assuming that when Gastrick's Dad arrived at the ER he was put on a Heprin I.V. to prevent additional attacks and clots. The Docs needed to wait til his blood chemistry was close to normal before surgery. Most likely wasn't a mistake; just the progression of events.

I take 2 baby aspirin daily, only. Mayo Clinic said that was sufficient in my case.

Based on my extensive experience as a heart patient, I'm assuming that when Gastrick's Dad arrived at the ER he was put on a Heprin I.V. to prevent additional attacks and clots. The Docs needed to wait til his blood chemistry was close to normal before surgery. Most likely wasn't a mistake; just the progression of events.

I take 2 baby aspirin daily, only. Mayo Clinic said that was sufficient in my case.

Thanks again for the thoughts/prayers fellas. Yes Bob W, that's right on. My dad has had a 5 way by-pass 10 years ago and numerous stents since then so he knows what he's staring at. The surgery is tomorrow morning at 0730. He's sick but in good spirits and we were shooting the breeze today about changing the steering wheel in his Mercury when he gets out.

Thinking about your Dad this morning and hoping everything is going well. Your Dad & I will be in a select club of guys that have had by-pass surgery twice.

Sounds like he is in good health otherwise, which helps a lot during surgery and in recovery.

Get well fast, sir, the show and cruise season is beginning.:) And, that Merc is waiting to get out on the highway.[cl

Amen....

Thinking about your Dad this morning and hoping everything is going well. Your Dad & I will be in a select club of guys that have had by-pass surgery twice.

Sounds like he is in good health otherwise, which helps a lot during surgery and in recovery.

Get well fast, sir, the show and cruise season is beginning.:) And, that Merc is waiting to get out on the highway.[cl

What else can you say? God bless ya both....

well, i miss a couple of days and this is what happens........hope all is going ok for you and your dad gastrick....prayers are w/you & him both.....

Latest posts

Back