Endless BS thread

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I see. I'll try that. All my build pictures and such are there on my old hard drive. I SHOULD have backed them up but In didn't of course. I may take the computer in to see if it is salvagable first to see if I can use it as a second puter somewhere else in the house.

It may seem silly but pictures are some of my most cherished possesions, yet i dont take as many precasions to preserve the as i should.

Not so silly at all, pics are bring back our memories. I keep the hard/impossible to replace pics on Photobucket along with my hard drive.

It's free, no need to back up & store and I can acess from anywhere.

Newly discovered dinosaur species!!! :D:eek::D

BoB

Attachments

• dino.jpg
    dino.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 16
AAAHHHH!!! It is the Citreonasaurous!! Run! It spews bad engineering![cl

Last edited:
Oh I see. I'll try that. All my build pictures and such are there on my old hard drive. I SHOULD have backed them up but In didn't of course. I may take the computer in to see if it is salvagable first to see if I can use it as a second puter somewhere else in the house.

I'd try to hook up the HD to a second PC first. Then, if you can't get it to come up, put it back in the old PC and take it in and see if they can salvage the data. If you take it to Best Buy or the like, they may stupidly reformat it - never trust a low paid employee to do something smart.

just placed an order for a few hotrod parts...anyone remember the way Snoopy would sit in the mailbox until his valentine arrived? if you need me, i'll be in the mailbox waiting...

ups has messaged me, it seems i have some large boxes coming in this afternoon...i can finally leave the mailbox! it was getting hot in there and not in a good way...:rolleyes:

UPS doesn't leave stuff in the mailbox (that's illegal), we just throw it at your door and run away.

well sam if i had thought of that i could have just sat on the front porch instead of in the cramped confines of the mailbox...:rolleyes:

...never claimed to be the brightest color in the crayon box or the sharpest tool in the tool shed...

BUT I DO HAVE PARTS NOW!!![ddd

Ruined rat!

First off I love Rat Rods and take mine to as many shows as possible. Most of the time there are one maybe two Rat Rods and if they get any kinda award at all it is for unfinished projects. How many times has your car been called a pile of crap or when you gonna paint that tub of junk or buy a real rod. I was so shamed a few weeks ago I broke down sanded, primed and added flames to my 39 chevy sedan. My wife who is not a car nut says to me " you just ruined a perfectly good Rat Rod" and you know I agree with her.
But the damage is done, I feel like I gave in to the powers that be, Unfortunately now I have a car that is too nice to called a Rat and too darn ugly to be seen as a show car, what the heck have I done, or better yet what the heck can I do about it. I am heart broken and sick any suggestions would be appreciated.

I was so shamed a few weeks ago I broke down sanded, primed and added flames to my 39 chevy ... Unfortunately now I have a car that is too nice to be called a Rat and too darn ugly to be seen as a show car, what the heck have I done, or better yet what the heck can I do about it. I am heart broken and sick any suggestions would be appreciated.

i don't really know why a primer n flame job keeps it from being a rat..[S i call my old primer grey truck a hotrod & everybody else calls it a ratrod....names and titles are for others -- if you like it primered who cares what anyone else thinks...and if you aren't happy with the results of the prime job...try a fauxtina /patina paintjob...make it look old again

If I don't do at least alittle something on one of my projects every day, I feel like I wasted a whole day. But somedays I just don't feel like doing anything...:(

If I don't do at least alittle something on one of my projects every day, I feel like I wasted a whole day. But somedays I just don't feel like doing anything...:(

i know what you're sayin man, i think those are the days we should meditate on the "better" things of this life--and the one to come:cool:

Ruined Rat!

i don't really know why a primer n flame job keeps it from being a rat..[S i call my old primer grey truck a hotrod & everybody else calls it a ratrod....names and titles are for others -- if you like it primered who cares what anyone else thinks...and if you aren't happy with the results of the prime job...try a fauxtina /patina paintjob...make it look old again
Preacher it isn't the fact I primed it and flamed it, I just feel like I destroyed her soul, took away all her class. I am the first to tell the young folks be true to themself not what others think. And what do I do "sold out" thats what I did, I guess thats the problem. That special car is just an extension of our self and I feel I have tainted my values.

First off I love Rat Rods and take mine to as many shows as possible. Most of the time there are one maybe two Rat Rods and if they get any kinda award at all it is for unfinished projects. How many times has your car been called a pile of crap or when you gonna paint that tub of junk or buy a real rod. I was so shamed a few weeks ago I broke down sanded, primed and added flames to my 39 chevy sedan. My wife who is not a car nut says to me " you just ruined a perfectly good Rat Rod" and you know I agree with her.
But the damage is done, I feel like I gave in to the powers that be, Unfortunately now I have a car that is too nice to called a Rat and too darn ugly to be seen as a show car, what the heck have I done, or better yet what the heck can I do about it. I am heart broken and sick any suggestions would be appreciated.

Most of us want to have people like our cars but if you are going to let your peace and joy be in the hands of others, you will always be hurt or offended.
If you feel the need to have your car in car shows, get rid of the lawn chair and move around, that way you don't have to hear the negative stuff because everyone who comes to a car show has a different idea on what's cool and what's not.

I like to put my creations in shows just so I can pretend NOT to own it and listen to all the people go on about what they "know" about the car and what the builder did.

EX: I built a Buell chopper in a hardtail frame in 2000 (back before everyone did) and I crashed it right before a rally. I put it in the show anyways even though the brake pedal was broken off. I loved to hear all the people say "nice sporster" and try and figure out how I was running both front and rear brakes off of the front master cylinder![S[cl

Latest posts

Back