F-2 Stang

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and so much less unique. What is this? the Fordphobe club? Chevys are easy that's why there are so many of them. F2-Chevy? :confused: :confused: I don't think so. :D

What is this? the Fordphobe club? :confused: :confused: I don't think so. :D

Hahaha! I was saying with a carb and a distributor convertion they look just like a ford motor. 98% of the viewing public wouldn't know the difference! besides, I was just poking fun. I know he won't swap motors. :D I am personally just cheap (and a GM tech) so I use whatever will reach my goals with the least amount of cash out lay. in my case LSX motors = inexpensive HP. Just my $.02

oh and just so you know I have a FE 390, cad 501, a cad northstar, 4.2L inline 6 vortec and a turbo buick 3.8 in my collection of stuff so I don't discriminate.

Hahaha! I was just poking fun..... I don't discriminate.

Just that his whole objective to start was to build a tube frame vehicle around the Mustang (Capri) running gear and keep the cash outlay as low as possible.

I was just having some fun as well, and I don't discriminate either. Own two dodges, a chevy, and a Jeep, and am putting a BBC in the Chev AD roadster dually.

Really like this build! Doing the Ford in a Ford myself, may get the "why" question though about the EFI 5.0, some people just have no respect for the box :D

Cooling problem solved?

I drove the F-2 stang 4 miles yesterday without it overheating -it stayed right at 180 deg.!

I still can't get into driving it much - somehow a temperature of 103 in October seems way hotter than in August. Plus I don't have time to fix the next problem -whatever that turns out to be.

Photos: 1 is the old fan.

#2 I used a Flex-a-Lite 398 curved blade, 16" 2500 CFM fan. I think it looks pretty clean and seems to work.

#3 and 4 I solved the air in the cooling sytem with an in-line bleeder. It's ugly and I didn't have the right clamps but it will provide another project for a later date.

#5 The new shifter handle and boot. I'll be looking for the correct knob or maybe I'll make one.

Attachments

• 1 clutchfan.jpg
    1 clutchfan.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 70
  • 2 electric fan.jpg
    2 electric fan.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 3 fan and bleeder.jpg
    3 fan and bleeder.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 67
  • 4 bleeder.jpg
    4 bleeder.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 5 shifter.jpg
    5 shifter.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 74
Today may be the last of the triple digit days Dan! They are predicting 93 for the Central cruise next Saturday. Hope you enter your truck because i would sure enjoy standing near it to catch the comments from the crowd.
I can put a towstrap in the A and follow you down there if you want
295174-2.gif

I'll be happy to see anything below 100!

Glad you mentioned the Central cruise, I didn't know about it.
I'd like to take the F-2 there, but i'm not sure I'll have enough confidence in it to drive that far by Saturday. I'm basically a chicken. Thinking about a wheel falling off in traffic makes me cringe.

There are a lot of rattle, pop, clang and bang noises. I keep wondering if they are normal or a sign of something about to cause a catastrophe. I think a lot of the noises are coming from those tailgate chains. I think I'm going to remove them.
I need to get it up in the air and inspect the underneath just to build confidence.

You've built a terrific machine. Don't be afraid to use it. I know how you feel because I have the same problem. Always visualizing something going wrong.

I drove my Anglia to a swap meet this morning. 35 degrees at 7:00 am. Up to a whopping 60 degrees for the high today. Every little noise bothered me but no problems.

Have faith in your work and go for a long ride, with Earthman as wingman.

Thanks for the vote of encouragment, Bob. 35 degrees doesn't sound any better to me than 103.

Truckster - If I get it to your house I won't need to put it on a lift. How about bringing your lift here?

I really just need a few hours to check things out and I'll probably be ok.

glad to hear you are getting the problems sorted out...

Im with the other guys, you built a very fine piece of machinery there.. if i were near id come over and be the test driver... ill bring it back when its due for an oil change.. haha

I got it up on jack stands today. Tightened up the E brake, looked around and didn't find anything except ... a piece of 1/4 x 1 x 36 flat bar laying in front of the gas tank. I had been using it as a straight edge and it apparently fell into the abyss, was forgotten, and was making one heck of a lot of noise.

I feel a lot better that there was something making all the noise and the fix was very easy.

Of course, it's raining right now, which is good, but it doesn't make me want to get in the F-2 and drive it. Tomorrow?

Yeah she did ride in it. She didn't have that big grin I always have - more like a look of terror!

We decided to do some landscaping today. Got tired of the big evergreen taking up all the sky and decided to plant it horizontally.

Actually, I guess it was one of those so-called microbursts. Glad I moved the F-2 into the shop this morning.

Attachments

• DSC01998.jpg
    DSC01998.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 70
this is why I dispise evergreen trees! crappy flat root system! you can just look at them and tell they are thinking of falling over!:(

Yeah she did ride in it. She didn't have that big grin I always have - more like a look of terror!

We decided to do some landscaping today. Got tired of the big evergreen taking up all the sky and decided to plant it horizontally.

Actually, I guess it was one of those so-called microbursts. Glad I moved the F-2 into the shop this morning.

Hitting the rod would be better than it taking out the house. Glad you were lucky.

Also glad I'm not the one that has to cut that tree up. ...I hate messing with that sticky sap!

Hitting the rod would be better than it taking out the house. Glad you were lucky.

Also glad I'm not the one that has to cut that tree up. ...I hate messing with that sticky sap!

Yeah, I won't be me. When I was a kid, a friend and I hitched from Arizona to Pennsylvania. The first guy that picked us up gave me a piece of advice I've often applied to situations like this. "Don't walk, you've got too far to go." That's how I feel about this tree. We'll be patriotic, write a check and help boost the local economy (and probably feed a a family of 12 Mexicans for a year).

"Don't walk, you've got too far to go."

funny, I won't pick up a hitchhiker that isn't walking. My thought is if they are not willing to put the effort in to walk then I am not going to help someone to lazy to help themselves. just my own idiosyncrocies

Latest posts

Back