Father and son '35 hotrod project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL...

You know your son was born to be a TRUE Rat Rod builder....Who else would use a torch and WELD only wearing SHORTS none the less...??!?!? :D:D I remember when I tried that once....think I have a few scars here..somewhere...ouch..ouch

Just for grins

We thought we would have a little fun with this addition. I needed something to line up the fanbelt and didn't have a complete running generator, so we set this up and hooded up a wire to it. It's fun to see how many people ask me if it works like that? I might have to keep it on there permematly.
bg3.jpg

With the rearend out of the way, you can see how we stepped the frame rails. We used as much of an original frame as we could.
bg8.jpg

Nice Stance

Hey CnC - I just found this thread and have added the pictures of the cab sittin on the frame to my 'wall of motivation'. couple more pics like that and a good cleaning of my shop and I get to start my own thread. Thanks for several ideas - looks great!!!

- Mike

Its coming along nicely. Are you going to have enough room for wheels back there? or are they going to be wider than the cab?
On page 3 shows a shot from the rear with tires and wheels on. I'm not putting a bed on it, just a gas tank back there somewhere. The tires fit just behind the cab and just barely wider.

Hey CnC - I just found this thread and have added the pictures of the cab sittin on the frame to my 'wall of motivation'. couple more pics like that and a good cleaning of my shop and I get to start my own thread. Thanks for several ideas - looks great!!!

- Mike

Thanks, I have the same thing on my walls. It helps when you have nothing but a pile of crap laying all over the shop, trying to piece it together somehow.

Got the battery mounted up behind in the glove box. I took a battery tray from the junk pile and made it to where it drops out the bottom to access it.
The mounting hardware is going to have to be refined so that you can't see the mounting pieces when were done.
bg2.jpg

The steering box is in, but we still need to finish up the mount. We found a good used corvair box and reversed it. In this picture you can also see we've found an original gas pedal to use. A little torching and bending and it fit right in.
bg4.jpg

Here's the reworked steering arm. The bolt and nut are just for looks. We made it look like it bolts on the original way, but since it will hang outside the cab, that wouldn't work. We'll use a set screw on the steering box to hold it in place.
bgg-1.jpg

I really like how the truck has come together. Great job guys! There seems to be something unique just about anywhere I look in these pictures. I really like the transmission mounts up on pillars like that too. Thats cool! The steering set up is something I haven't seen either - nice! I'm sure others have probably done it that way, this is just the first time I've seen cowl steering with a traditional style box mounted in the cab. Keep up the great work, and keep the pictures coming.

Thunder

Thanks, but no thanks....

This build makes me think of this one... which is definitely a good thing.. cause this is a awesome truck
Keep up the good work guys

That is a cool truck. Someone did a nice job. I know that if I look around some more I can find another couple dozen or so also like these. They also do not belong on our thread. Neither you nor I were the first nor will we be the last to build an old bobber p/u truck. Please post pictures of YOUR build or YOUR friends builds on your OWN thread and let my son and I enjoy our build and posts without this kind of intervention. Thanks.

internet tough guy

wow man chill out. believe it or not that was a compliment. i know, shocking. yes your truck is cool, and the reason you put pictures of it online is to hear what others think. thats what he thought and to tell you the truth its the first thing i thought also.

That is a cool truck. Someone did a nice job. I know that if I look around some more I can find another couple dozen or so also like these. They also do not belong on our thread. Neither you nor I were the first nor will we be the last to build an old bobber p/u truck. Please post pictures of YOUR build or YOUR friends builds on your OWN thread and let my son and I enjoy our build and posts without this kind of intervention. Thanks.

Dang that was rough! no one is trying to steal your glory, they are just trying to help glorify the work that you and your son are doing.

Sorry man my bad for complementing you on your build and thinking you might want to see a really cool similar concept truck, ill make sure to avoid that and your negative and unfriendly attitude in the future.

Latest posts

Back