Father and son '35 hotrod project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My bad

Sorry man my bad for complementing you on your build and thinking you might want to see a really cool similar concept truck, ill make sure to avoid that and your negative and unfriendly attitude in the future.

I guess I have an apoligy to make. My friends and I thought the pictures you posted on our thread were uncool. Evidently it's acceptable and we just took it wrong. We were "reading between the lines" and put more into it than what you said. My bad, sorry.

see man, that was cool, most guys would make a big deal but you fixed it. i guess i can see where yall are coming from. keep up the good work.

Back on track....

Some more of the floor goes in. Making it fit flush and within the frame rails is turning into a chore.
bg-1.jpg

bg1-1.jpg

Seats

This is kindof boring but I'l put these up for those who might like to see. The seats needed to be mounted below the level of the floor but the frame rail was just slightly in the way. I notched out a corner of the seat just enough to clear and yet not enough to feel in your own "seat". Then I took the "race" look out of the seats by recurving the sides downward, more like a bomber seat. These are cheap seats that are in swap meets all the time. With a cover and/or aging them and they'l work fine. Maybe some holes......

Attachments

• seat 1.JPG
    seat 1.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 74
  • seat 1 (1).JPG
    seat 1 (1).JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 66
  • seat 1 (2).JPG
    seat 1 (2).JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 57
  • seat 1 (3).JPG
    seat 1 (3).JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 70
  • seat 1 (4).JPG
    seat 1 (4).JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 93
Thanks for the support guys. It means alot to us during our build. After the seats were mounted, we found that we did have room after all for the battery behind the seat instead of inside the glove box. This turned out much better and we simply ran the cable up through the boxed frame to hide it.
rrr2.jpg

Another weekend of work for cnchotrods. It's nice to have real seats that don't slip around. You'll notice who got the driver seat...
rrr23.jpg

wow your truck ranks in my top 5 favorite builds since I've been interested in this rat rod hobby. It may have been mentioned in the previous posts but what size are the tires and wheels your running? They look larger than the 16 inch ford wires i have for my project.

wow your truck ranks in my top 5 favorite builds since I've been interested in this rat rod hobby. It may have been mentioned in the previous posts but what size are the tires and wheels your running? They look larger than the 16 inch ford wires i have for my project.

Thanks. You hit on an area that drove us crazy. We too tried the 16" but couldn't get the look we wanted. After about 20 wheels, what we ended up with up front are 17" from a '33-'34, and with 18" off a '32 in the rear. The 18" were hard to come by. Then, on the tires, we had to go with 2 different brands to get the tread and pie crust to match up. Strange as it sounds, but true. Both are stocked by Coker tire. Fronts are Classics 4.78/5.00 - 17 SKU 69900 and the rears are Firestone 700 - 18 SKU 72575.

Latest posts

Back