Father and son '35 hotrod project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gas Tank

Finally found an old original Model T gas tank on ebay. I know it's been done a thousand times this way, but they just look good. Here's some shots of the bracket we built to hold it in place.

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 103
  • 2 (1).JPG
    2 (1).JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 90
  • 2 (2).JPG
    2 (2).JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 72
  • 2 (3).JPG
    2 (3).JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 2 (5).JPG
    2 (5).JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 144
I think it looks great! Some things just look good and there's nothing wrong with doing something that has been done many times before. Good choice for a tank.

Thunder1

I think it looks great! Some things just look good and there's nothing wrong with doing something that has been done many times before. Good choice for a tank.

Thunder1

First class work on everything you have done. I'm jealous of the welds.:)

Thanks again guys. I have to give credit for those to my son. He is getting good on his mig welds. I'm jealous too. Not bad for 14. We're getting really anxious now to drive this thing. We gave ourselves a deadline to make it drivable for April 24th, (Local charity car show in Wal-Marts parking lot) :) but now Track Season has started, so we're limited on time.

So close...

So close and yet we still have so many parts to find and hours yet to go.... At least we can see light at the end of the tunnel.
P1010011.jpg

Windshield frame

For all you guys that are trying to put together a truck and looking for a windshield frame, good luck finding one, and as you know, they're $350 for a new one. The good news is that passenger car frames are everywhere, so I grabbed this one that fit a 1935 passenger car for $25 and with a little time and a big hammer, made it fit a truck. If your cab is chopped, it's not much more work then you would have to do anyway. Btw, anybody happen to have a regulator for one of these they want to part with? The ones listed in the books are discontinued.

Windshieldframe1.jpg

Windshieldframe11.jpg

Windshieldframe12.jpg

Intake

This is another time where 2 heads are better than one. My brother came up to visit from TX and had to see the ratrod. When I mentioned that I was looking for a multiple card intake but was planning on blocking off the outter carb(s), he suggested this plan instead. We found some rusted pipe to match the cast look on the intake and welded it on.

Attachments

• Intake 1.JPG
    Intake 1.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 122
  • Intake 1 (1).JPG
    Intake 1 (1).JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 127
  • Intake 1 (2).JPG
    Intake 1 (2).JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 143
Now we just have to hook up linkage and dummy fuel line to complete the look. Total multiple carb intake cost $3.00

Intake13.jpg

Intake14.jpg

Thanks 'lil brother.......

Intake15.jpg

Latest posts

Back