First Project continued... 37Ford/46International

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, it's been a while. I've been doing some custom airbrushing and pinstriping in Miami for the last month and a half and finally got back to my truck (and my family)... but the truck is doing good. I'm hoping to start the motor tomorrow if I have time. If not tomorrow then sometime this week because I have to go back to Miami for three wore weeks. I have all the brake lines ran down the frame... just need to run them up to the master cylinder. I got the trans cooler hooked up last week and also got the valves adjusted and everything so all I really need to do is hook up a battery and fuel line to the tank. Sorry if this is a little long winded but I am so ready to drive this thing. I just hope I did everything right the first time. Any way, here are some pics of the windshield, motor and the inside ( I already have the center console piece made). I'm picking up my back glass on Monday. I have also decided to just get her driving, insured and titled before I paint the rest of it.

1-37.jpg

2-35.jpg

3-31.jpg

4-25.jpg

Great job. Thanks for sharing the build. I plan on building my first rat rod and will certainly use your photos to help my build.[cl

Thanks guys.

I did run into a problem today. I was going to make sure my headers still fit with these valve covers... and of course they don't. I have to find some cheap "short" valve covers for now until I can afford something cool. I hate the LITTLE things that go wrong... such a pain.

Just ranting a little. Have a good evening.

I went back and rear your whole build; you did a really nice job on this. Your frame was an unusual idea and came out looking really good. Good job on the chop; especially for the first time.

Great looking build, I like everything you've done. One safety item though, I didn't see a driveshaft loop. I raced circle track for years and I had a friend beat up really bad when his front u-joint let go and the driveshaft came through the floorpan.. Just food for thought. Have fun with your ride.....

Well, I've been driving it and having fun. I got some tunes to listen to now. All my lights are working... added a couple of blue LED bars under the dash. Added some pinstriping for now (until it gets some crazy airbrush work). I also started my stainless floors. Got the passenger side done (not the prettiest but better than it was. Need to go pick up the rest of the stainless we had left over from a paid job. Just odds and ends stuff now. Motor sounds much better since I fixed the oil pan (crankshaft was tapping it).

I have my power window kit but I still need to order my glass run channel with the felt inside... not sure where I'm going to get it yet.

If the weather is nice maybe I'll get the video camera out and take ya'll for a ride.

Here's some pics...

1-38.jpg

2-36.jpg

3-32.jpg

4-26.jpg

Got my dome light hooked up to a toggle switch.

5-20.jpg

Here's the boom I got hooked up now... Kenwood slim fit 12" sub 2 6x9's and a Kenwood 350W amp. All for about $200. I had fun making everyhting fit. The funny part is this sub knocks hard and the cab doesn't rattle hardly at all.

6-17.jpg

7-13.jpg

LED's under dash... and my cab lights.

8-11.jpg

9-7.jpg

Latest posts

Back