First Project continued... 37Ford/46International

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work so far. Have to show pics when the black gets sprayed on. What kinda steer box you runnin and how low is it from doors to the ground? I like how it looks. Lookin good - keep at it.

I don't see how you can go wrong. ( I like #18 the most)
They are all good

Thanks for the compliments. I'm going to do one on each side of the cab from about the beltline down.

I did, however, have a big booboo last night. Not really that big but something that should not have happened. I had my truck pulled out half ways from the shop so I could sand outside. When I was rolling her back in (kinda a tight fit) I slipped and the driver door hit the garage door when it was rolling backwards and popped a little dent in the door. Good thing I haven't finished welding in the door bottom yet. Should be an easy fix and I'll probably fix it tomorrow, but one of those... OH SH*! moments.

Here's some more body work. Pulled my motor... going to clean it and paint the block... swap cams/ intake/ carb. It's gonna get some primer tomorrow too, and maybe sandblast the frame and get it ready for paint. By the way, the door is fine now. A welding, hammering, and some fiberglass filler and bondo.

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Finally got my driveshaft!!!

1-24.jpg

Started my brackets for my panhard bar... and made my panhard bar. I still need to box the bracket on the rear end and add some gussets.

2-24.jpg

Got my cab primed... panhard bar bracket finished... and shortened the raer of my frame. Gonna get my bed shortened soon so I can disassemble everything and get ready for paint.

8-8.jpg

2-25.jpg

1-25.jpg

7-8.jpg

I went ahead and boxed the ends of the frame. Started chopping my bed up to fit it how I want. The camera died after a couple of pics so I can get some more tomorrow. I also got my motor and tranny cleaned up for paint.

rearframeends1.jpg

rearframeends2.jpg

1-26.jpg

Started cleaning up my motor and got it primed with some engine enamel primer... anything to help adhesion. Swapped out cams and changed out a much needed new timing chain (not pictured). Cleaned the rocker arms, push rods and checked the lifters. Gonna get the new intake on it and paint it tomorrow.

7-9.jpg

8-9.jpg

Also got my bed chopped up some more and mocked it up. It's just kinda sitting there so sorry for the odd lean on the left side. I'm gonna take the old ends and put them on for my tailgate... which I will make out of old skateboards. I'm going to use some 1" square tubing for framing it.

1-27.jpg

2-26.jpg

I really wanted to raise the bed some at first, but everything is lining up so perfectly... I'm glad I used an original bed instead of making one. Keep it original tin.

3-22.jpg

4-18.jpg

6-11.jpg

5-13.jpg

Started cutting some tubing to frame my bed. Still thinking about how I want to make it look.

4-19.jpg

3-23.jpg

The old seats weren't leaving me much room for anything so I found some super cheap bucket seats from an 87 Nova.

1-28.jpg

This is the only messed up area. Everything else is perfect. I'll stitch and patch it up.

2-27.jpg

Got most of the framing done for the bed. I know it looks a little excessive, but I'm doing it all in metal and it's going to have a bunch of dips and stuff.

1-3.jpg

2-2.jpg

3-2.jpg

4-2.jpg

Latest posts

Back