Flathead to S10 T5 Adapter

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pistolpete

Just wondering if anyone can tell me the thickness required from hogshead mount face to trans mounting face putting a S10 T5 behind a flathead. Or if anyone has plans they'd be willing to share. Have access to all the tooling figured it might be a decent project to try out being as I am now in possesion of all the big parts.

Just going to bump this up, anyone at all done the T5 flathead and know what the distance form mounting face to mounting face needs to be?

I don't have all the clutch worked out so I don't want to guess at the size and either make it too short or too long if at all possible.
Thanks,

What kind of flathead? If a MoPar L-head, then check for info on the P15-D24.com forum for the Postwar Dodge & Plymouths. (I haven't done it myself, but I've seen threads there about this swap. I've got the stock trannie in my 46 P15.)
Neto

If you google "flathead to t5 adapter" there are pics and some articals that might help.Ive never done one so I cant give you advise.

4spdhogshead.jpg

I've searched around and can buy plans and such. FOund a ton of old threads on other forums with free plans but the links to the plans are now too old and dont work I guess. Just thought I would ask if anyone has a set they are willing to share.

it is a '49 8BA have the 4 speed hogs head already, guess I will try to put the crank back in and see if I can depth mic it easily enough to figure out the thickness required.
Thanks,

Speedway motors sells one for the flathead fords using your original clutch linkage thru the adapter. I don't think its all that bad on price. Im planning on buying one for my truck.

But I understand if you want to build your own. I try to do that as much as possible.

Latest posts

Back