Helloooooo

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheTruant

Helloooooo, names Dan, I'm 19, been doing the old car thing for a little while now and the bike (motorized that is) thing for a little bit as well. Here's my junk...

'50 Ford with shaved door handles (yup, all FOUR of them), filled the trim holes, smoothed out the decklid, got rid of the hood emblem holes, sunken antenna, frenched taillights. It's got a flathead V8 with an Edmunds 2x2 intake & Stromberg 97's that burns more oil than gas and has no oil pressure but just won't die (that's a good thing).

101_0762.jpg

101_0652.jpg

'52 Chevy with a 350/4spd/10 bolt rear. In the process of redoing the overly worn out front suspension.

DSC_0075-2.jpg

DSC_0081-4.jpg

DSC_0059-2.jpg

'55 Buick with 264ci Nailhead. Stock aside from the switch to a 4 barrel intake and Edelbrock carb.

08-08-08_1055.jpg

08-08-08_1053.jpg

DSC_0220.jpg

'71 CB450. Found it on the local Craigslist one day just as you see it (aside from a good cleaning). It was just pulled out of storage...somewhere between 20-30 years worth :eek: Did a little tweaking and it started up on the first kick! Could use valve seals but rides great other than that.

101_0965.jpg

101_0968.jpg

'74 CB750. On/Off project that I work on when the cars **** me off to much :cool: This is a pretty old photo, lots of changes since it was taken.

101_0983.jpg

Welcome.......

Welcome to the site, Truant.
You have some nice projects there, love the '50 Ford & '52 Chevy. :cool:
Enjoy your time here and thanks for the photos. '22

Welcome to RRR, Truant. Nice collection. Good to see another young guy avoiding the import/crotch rocket stuff.

Good to see another young guy avoiding the import/crotch rocket stuff.

Haha, too hard to work on! To much crap in the way, not to mention that a computer runs it. I like my flathead...I can change the spark plugs with an open end wrench :D

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome everybody :D Looks like a cool place, got some neat stuff going on in the "builds" section.

And in case anyone was wondering, my avitar is a picture of my great uncle standing in front of his '50 Ford back in 1956. He put sandbags in the trunk to lower it down and used to have my dad (when he was a kid) try and hold his head still while he slammed gears.

Here's the full size.

img002.jpg

Oh yeah, and when I get around to it here's the start of my '28-'29 Model A roadster/bucket/modified/whatever ya wanna call it. Collecting a piece here and a piece there. It'll be cool one day :cool:

Image008.jpg

Latest posts

Back