Here's that Vega wagon u've *always* wanted!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must be kind of sick, but I like Vega's. I had the Buick version, a 1979 model . I can't even find one of those anywhere, couldn't buy one anyway, but I would like to see one again.

I used to have a 72 Vega GT Wagon. The last trip straight from Denver Colo. to Coventry Ct. just burned it up. Had a perfect body too, probably a cheap toolbox now....

I had a 74 notch back around 1980. Uterly mint body cause the engine popped at 50 thousand miles and sat in a garage for 4 or 5 years after that. Had big plans to V8 that car but never did. I ended up turning it into a GT clone and peddled it to some love struck kid. Oh what if. [ddd

I once owned the "Millionth Vega", it came into a junk yard I was working at with a damaged front clip, it was a '74 but had the four oval tail lights and the Camaro looking front. It was the very last one with this body style, it also had a little plaque on the dash stating the was the Milliionth Vega and the date and location where it was built. The door handles had "Millionth Vega" on them.

I loved the Vegas and had seven, all but one with V-8s.

I love Vegas, especially wagons. Remember the Wooly Mammoth on Pinks? Those guys had the right idea, cover the body with fur so your competition thinks you are a joke, and then stuff a 468 Chevy under the hood. :eek::eek: One of the Pinks staff, Charles, owned it last I saw.

Don

I had a 74 vega when I was going to Penn State. I ended up putting a 231 Buick V6 in it (I guess even in 79 I was being different, because everyone was putting V8's in them and I wanted gas milage and performance fun). I spent quite a bit of time to figure out and build the motor mounts and trans mount to put the motor in, then bought a set of headers for a V6 Monza...In the box for the headers there was a list of factory parts you could buy to mount a V6 in a Vega...doh!

By the way....77 was the last year for the Vega, but they continued the platform with the Monza. And I had a black 79 wagon like the one in the listing around 84 or 85

I had the '75 Monza with came with a 350/350. Still a Vega underneath though. Man, that car would go through front brakes. I traded it for a '68 Vette roadster that needed a motor.

Latest posts

Back