inline honda four/indian four replica

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one is starting to grow on me...

Attachments

• goldwing-finish[1].jpg
    goldwing-finish[1].jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 17
True mayby even weld the finns on but must watch for warpage .....anyways after seeing some of the one off stuff those guys in the kneeslider do rocker covers are the least of my worrys.Wonder what if it would be worth it to ask for some quotes on having some of these home shop gurus build the motor and trans all coupled up ready to go then I build the rest lots of talent out there that could pull something off in a weekend.....was even thinking of asking cook but sent a couple emails asking for picks and no responce mayby if cash is waved around somebody would step up... might not cost more than sending out your harley for a rebuild.....mmmmm ... Den

Ya mayby for someone that does casting but not me ....like i said I would be lucky to get some fins welded on ....wonder how much it would aid in cooling.

havent had enough rain days to read all of this yet, but you guys are do n sum major brain storm n. the Indian four is what caught my attention. been screw n with a similar build for a while now (Indian Four look) but with a off the wall heart. i ll try to read on to catch up. luck to ya s. gw

not air cooled, and am just going for the resemblance . using a turbo d inline four tdi vw. have been down the road of trying a guzzi behind it but twin disc is the weak point, then welded up spiders in a late model bug trans. but it throws weight offset and a size problem. have looked at some of the things the v8 guys are useing but monies and size are problems. the little ranger 2sp. is slick but not haveing the rpm band as the gassers use makes me think i ll need access to more gears. thought i found the right right angle drive unit, (honda crv transfer case) would work great for a right side trans. drive but backwards for left side trans. drive. still on the right combo search. think n if i can find the correct right angle drive unit to see if a heavy built v twin transmission and clutch would handle the torque. the tdi is built to 120-130hp and should be in the 230-270 torque range. we ll see.

What is the ratio on the Honda box ?
Can you turn it around, or flip it over ?

i ll try to put up a photo of one. 8 1/2 x 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 tall. just over 1to1. turning around input to out put and fliping it over result in as long as the output shaft side faces the right side of bike (rotates as it should) putting the out shaft side to the left side of bike gives me a bunch of reverses and one forward. a pretty sweet box if someones transmission can be driven off the right side.
!BhzH22w!Wk~$(KGrHqMH-DkEsLt+DFgHBLK7BC!1Bw~~_35.JPG

Car engines in bikes,and diesel engines,
seems more popular in Europe.

Eastern european builders seem very inovative will build something with whatever is laying around....they come up with some pretty cool contraptions they are not shunned just because its not a harley.....they seem more together always helping out each other have you guys read about this guys adventures http://www.motosapiens.org/forum/

Latest posts

Back