inline honda four/indian four replica

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1130709374_74bb507e94.jpg

ace-four-1925.gif

So whats the first thing I should do to this thing pull the plugs.dump deisle inside the cylinders to free it up pull the carbs ,clean the gastank,drain and change oil,try to get spark ...mayby wanna fire it up before tearing into it.D

If we assume it has been sitting for a LONG time,
I would pour some oil/diesel into each cyl, let it soak,
then see if it will turn over SLOWLY.
Pull the cam covers, oil the cams, and watch
to see if any valves are stuck.

When it will turn over freely, then it's time for a oil change.
Pour some on the cams before putting the covers back on.

I'll have a Yamaha driven gear and middle gear box
in my hot little hands next weekend.

Took a good look at mine today.
icon14.gif
[cl

Viewed from the back, the engine needs to rotate
clockwise for the output on the left to work correctly.

The box and middle gear will require some
minor reworking, but I'm very pleased.

Last edited:
Just slowly turning over the motor by hand after pouring atf ,diesle into the cylinders ,cleaning up things like seized auto advance, having problems getting power to ignition probably have to clean up carbs drained oil ect..ect...joined a kawasaki forum getting lots of info shouldnt be long I hope.Havent broken the news to them of what my idea is to do with it or they will probably stop talking to me .....D

Looks like the clutch is on the left, driven off the end of the crank.
Which is encouraging.
icon14.gif

Have you figured out which direction the crankshaft rotates ?:confused:

Sitting on the bike the clutch is on the right here is where the advance unit is that I have pulled off not much room to add anything on ...havent pulled the right side cover yet... havent figgered out rotation yet...Den

Attachments

• IMG_0299.jpg
    IMG_0299.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 10
Sitting on the bike the clutch is on the right here is where the advance unit is that I have pulled off not much room to add anything on ...havent pulled the right side cover yet... havent figgered out rotation yet...Den

I must have been looking at the wrong picture. [S:confused:

That advance mechanism looks like it rotates CCW,
so the other end will be CW.
Which would work with the Yamaha bevel box, and the output on the left.

Would be really sweet to swap the alternator/generator for the clutch.
I think they will work in either direction.

Well today got the wiring issues out of the way and tore into the carbs.....could be awile before I get this thing running...

Latest posts

Back