Jfg455 Road to Bonneville 2013

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then it was off to Boneheads shop. I must say it is one of the coolest places to see. Not only does Jeff live like a Fuedal Lord on top of a Mesa, surveying all the subjects below, he has a huge stash of cool stuff too. Jeff is a heck of a nice guy too. Took time out of his busy day to show me around and shoot the breeze about art, metal, tools and A.D.D. The view from any point on his property is just amazing. I can see where he can get inspired to create just from walking out of his front door.

The pics of his newest rod don't do it justice. The detail is so subtle yet there is a ton to look at. You can spend a good hour just taking it all in and finding new angles to appreciate it from.

Then we stopped in Fruita for a coffee and saw this on the back road. This post catches me up to Denver where I hope to catch up with JMlColorado later.

b7309d12f52a9b952c6b8adc7ee4892b.jpg

JMlColorado - lol! I am not looking forward to today's leg of nothingness...

I had a good visit with JMlColorado last night. He is another good guy and a great builder. He has a drive to make sure it is right and to not put out any junk. And he does all of it from a 1 1/2 car garage! His truck is another that looks better in person.

Thanks Gjunction. Sorry we didn't stop by. We were running late. Prob should have stopped in cause we got stuck in a traffic jam for 2 hrs later

Daing, I was there would have made a point to visit if I'd known you were too. Nice photo tour anyway, good job.
Going back next year?

JMlColorado - lol! I am not looking forward to today's leg of nothingness...

I had a good visit with JMlColorado last night. He is another good guy and a great builder. He has a drive to make sure it is right and to not put out any junk. And he does all of it from a 1 1/2 car garage! His truck is another that looks better in person.

Thanks for the kind words! To be honest, I was a little embarrassed to have you come see my mess after seeing what you've already seen on the salt and some of the heavy hitters on the forum you've talked to.
But it was great to meet you in person! I'm quite envious about your trip and hope some day I can make one similar.
Thanks for your advice on the sheet metal welding!

PS, your visit got me fired up looking for a new welder again. Thanks for the motivation!
Safe travels and keep up with the posts along your trip! :D

jfg, i got a couple pics of the bike and one with the vette in the background, i got them to my photobucket, but this computer won't pick up the link, i'll try to post them tonight.

Here is a couple of highway rigs we have seen. The blue grey one was in Nebraska and the yellow one was outside of St. Louis.

Latest posts

Back