Little different fenderless 53 pickup

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool build.

I always thought front axles were drop forged, not cast. I know Henry's were forged, did the process change later? if they are forged, welding is not problem, although a preheat would be a good idea.

I believe some real early axles were Cast--Lke in the teens maybe. Sometimes I'll run ino something I have a doubt about, and drill a little on it to see if it throws up chips (cast) or a twisty (Forged). The lower suspension arm of my iRS Ford T Bird axle was questionable--turned out to be forged.

Cast is for restorers--not good for much else..

PA41

Sometimes I'll run ino something I have a doubt about, and drill a little on it to see if it throws up chips (cast) or a twisty (Forged). The lower suspension arm of my iRS Ford T Bird axle was questionable--turned out to be forged.

Cast is for restorers--not good for much else..

PA41

With that being said, it is forged cause when I drilled the axle, it made "twisty" chips. Great tip!!!

And a little update of the rocker/pushrod system. Still not finished with it, but did a little mock up to see how she's going to work...

A couple of brackets...
l_50e5f2d55abb4df7be860d30ea3c9287.jpg

l_4ca8a731d2994461bfa895ed8c4274a2.jpg

l_cd9c3ce8bdf74df092b2726c6d407e8e.jpg

l_9877e75b983045299f538d45b7b0ec06.jpg

that is some awesome work.. very cool design on the suspension as well.. keep at it

Mucho Mass Cool-O.. (I'm learnin E-Spanol-O -- Just put an O on all the ends of the words..)

I'm a sucker for pushrod stuff--Gonna have to try it 'fore I'm done-- Enjoyed the Look--Keep it up. Thanks for sharin the progress..

PA41

Well, it's been a little while since last update. This build definately didn't make the $3000 club. Parts have been showing up daily! I got my Classic Instruments WW2 bomber gauges in, steering wheel, and lots of other stuff. Don't have pics of the new parts, but here are pics of what has been done so far!

l_e2eb0cd0120d4521bbea3bd8cdb21205.jpg

l_ddf172bb8daa4260a1e5260658198913.jpg

l_fa0ee0210b17452f89f0d0007b3ef47b.jpg

l_470054a62bab4c6095014c11d8c5de88.jpg

I like! A lot!

This is exceptional in about every way possible. Love the look.

Never understood why anyone doesn't like the AD's. This is already converting them. Can't wait to see it on the ground.

Thanks guys! Hope to have it on the ground soon. The new job has actually given me time to work on it, and I scheduled my vacation to vegas in august to take the truck out and get married, so hopefully the progress will continue!!!

Brother your killin me here!!!! The ride is looking sweet as hell!!!! Keep it going I like it a lot!!

By the way a really good friend of mine just had to relocate to Mississippi for a job and since your in eastern Texas, I told my wife that what I wanted to do was to take the truck and go get some Texas Steak, meet up with Donuts1 swing by New Orleans for some Cajun Food and then over to Mississippi to visit my buddy!! She was all for it sittin in the recliner,lol In the back of my mind I'm not really sure she is ready for a 6 hour ride in the old fenderless truck lmao!!!!

We shall see tho!!

Love the work Bro !! Your doing an awesome job!!

Brother your killin me here!!!! The ride is looking sweet as hell!!!! Keep it going I like it a lot!!

By the way a really good friend of mine just had to relocate to Mississippi for a job and since your in eastern Texas, I told my wife that what I wanted to do was to take the truck and go get some Texas Steak, meet up with Donuts1 swing by New Orleans for some Cajun Food and then over to Mississippi to visit my buddy!! She was all for it sittin in the recliner,lol In the back of my mind I'm not really sure she is ready for a 6 hour ride in the old fenderless truck lmao!!!!

We shall see tho!!

Love the work Bro !! Your doing an awesome job!!

That would be SWEET! We might have to line out a trip for all of us to do some cruisin!

We will definetly have to do that!! How bout we get the trucks done, work out the bugs, decide a route to take and then we can roll a bunch of numbers on the odometers!!

Sounds like a plan to me! How's yours comin?

Mine is coming along really well right now. I am getting the front end converted to disc brakes and then getting the rear rolling this weekend. Will most likely get the motor installed so I can get all of the little time consuming things roughed in. I will get some pics posted soon!! I really do like how your ride is coming out, Again NICE WORK BROTHER!!

I'm liking the truck the short bed is great well the over all of the truck I like. the frontend I don't understand how its hanging.

I'm liking the truck the short bed is great well the over all of the truck I like. the frontend I don't understand how its hanging.
It's on a rocker system. The pushrods on the front connect to the rockers that are on bearings, and then the rockers transfer the load to the coilovers that are mounted sideways under the hood to the frame. I will get some more pics of it after I put the springs on the coilovers and set it on the ground.

Man the ole truck is coming along. havent looked in i awhile but lovin it. Think we are making life time projects here. Keep it up
LOL!!! Yep, this is for sure the longest build I have ever done. I don't think I have ever had this many things going on at once though. My fiance is in the hospital with a serious spider bite right now, so I'm here with her until she gets better. She will be going into surgery soon. Hopefully everything will get back to normal soon and I can get this ole truck on the road!!!

Latest posts

Back