Little different fenderless 53 pickup

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice! I like the pushrod suspension. It looks awesome, and any effort to reduce the unsprung weight is great. It doesn't really help the handling on a solid front axle car, but still.... ;)

Good work, bud!

Thanks for all the great compliments guys! Got the shop all cleaned up today and pushed her back in. Time to start chiseling away at this thing and see if I can get it drivin!

Nothing I can say that hasn't already been said except WOW!

I'm new to some of these RatRod terms....what is an AD build?
Sure I missed it in the thread....what power plant you running?

I'm in awe at the front suspension work and you kept the straight axle. Nice.

Nothing I can say that hasn't already been said except WOW!

I'm new to some of these RatRod terms....what is an AD build?
Sure I missed it in the thread....what power plant you running?

I'm in awe at the front suspension work and you kept the straight axle. Nice.

Thanks! Well, AD is just that series of trucks, and I'm running an all aluminum 6.2L chevrolet out of an escalade. Trying to gather up the money right now to go ahead and put the 418 stroker kit in it. If not it should still have around 525 horse with the few goodies I have already collected for it!

AD = Advanced Design

Heck of an engine you are using Donuts1. Is it the the big brother to a 6.0 lq4?

AD = Advanced Design

Heck of an engine you are using Donuts1. Is it the the big brother to a 6.0 lq4?

Yep, has alot bigger heads, and a little more compression from the factory. It's also has an aluminum block. I believe the intake ports flow 318 cfm from the factory! Have a friend that stroked one out in a 68 chevy full bodied street truck running pump gas and went 10.90 on all motor. Should be scary in the little '53....hehehe! If I can't get the money together for the stroker kit right now I have a 550hp 6.0L laying on the floor that I might throw in for the time being. Hate to run the 6.2 in stock form...lol!

Hey i really like the looks of what ya got going on. Don't know much at all about those other Rod sites (new to the Rat Rod scene) can't understand why a site would go & throw out good members & good projects. Fill me in???

Hey i really like the looks of what ya got going on. Don't know much at all about those other Rod sites (new to the Rat Rod scene) can't understand why a site would go & throw out good members & good projects. Fill me in???

All I can say is hang out here! This is the best group of rodders you'll find! My build got off the traditional path a little so the other site erased my thread.

I love the way that thing sits! Every time i see yours, it makes me think about NOT doing the S10 swap, and go this direction! It looks super bitchin once you put it on the ground. As soon as it moves under its own motor-vation, we need videos! Love it.

All I can say is ...WOW!!! Love the whole truck. The 3/4 rear driver shot is Terrific!!! Love the stance and how well the bed goes with thw cab. Some bobbed rear fender like on a 32 Roadster would really set off that bed! I like the whole concept, may make me an AD fan forever!! John T.

Well, didn't get alot done this weekend, but did get alot of ideas on how to get her finished...lol! I think the only real work I got done was finishing mounting the bed, and getting the oil filter mounted....

l_4a6d00b1a0744fa9b3e94423c2892f20.jpg

l_8c691cb9ed7d480cac34d7f4a526c882.jpg

l_050e67c03f754045a7100b3c8036440c.jpg

And just playin with the camera a bit.....
l_58d135c7436c40fa8b6afb95e41cb543.jpg

l_443e07d6a5a14ea4a134ab3e72b1fc5f.jpg

Classis instuments WW2 bomber guages. Have the bezels too, but didn't take any pics of em...

l_eeee2916828c461a998ef5fce58bae62.jpg

Here's the steering wheel with the paddle shifters attached...

l_50495c66b8684bac8b856b5934844bba.jpg

And the brain of the tranny...

l_12739fc83ef64208a46a6083192e871c.jpg

Hey Bro that truck is looking really good!! Lost my job 3 weeks ago so I have had some time to get things done on mine. Finally got mine rolling as well!! But a lot more work to do still!! LOL Keep up the good work and can't wait ti see this thing finished!!

Good job Brother!!

I forget, were you running a four speed or a six speed trans?

4 speed auto 4l80e with of coarse alot of goodies in it!

Hey Bro that truck is looking really good!! Lost my job 3 weeks ago so I have had some time to get things done on mine. Finally got mine rolling as well!! But a lot more work to do still!! LOL Keep up the good work and can't wait ti see this thing finished!!

Good job Brother!!

Thanks Bro, and glad to hear you got yours rollin, but that sucks about the job. Got anything lined up?

You have definitely put together something special here. Love the look, the stance, the hood, the suspension, the whole thing.

Is that an Oberg filter?

Latest posts

Back