My '41 Ford PU build!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did ya make it..:confused::confused:

Nope... had a lil charging prob but nothing a new alternator didn't fix. The one I bought had a 1 year warranty & I bought it 1 year 2 weeks ago! This time I got a lifetime warranty for $20 more. And I mounted the Bonehead bottle opener today too. Headed out in the morning! :eek:

BoB

Have fun at the show. We will be waiting for lots of pics.

Whoops... didn't make the show! Keeper came loose & I bent a pushrod. I was afraid I'd flattened a lobe but bumpstick looks good. Here's how I spent my day... oh the joys of hot rodding! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

Attachments

• bent.jpg
    bent.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 60
Man that video is cool. I've been reading this from the beginning and I just had to jump to the end and see how it turned out.. Heh.. I love the nailheads. I had a friend down the street. His uncle had a old Invicta buick with a 401 (I think it was a Invicta, it was a convertible but got in an accident and totaled.) and he had a 54 Ford (my favorite with the fat fenders [dr) truck.

He transplanted the nailhead into the old ford truck which had like 3.90's or 4.11's or something in. Obviously it wasn't a top ender, but holy crap even stock with a 4 bbl it would light them up for a half a block. Fun ass truck to ride in. I just wish I could have got the nailhead a dude I knew had, it had the super wildcat 425 with dual quads. For a big car, it had ponies to spare. :D

You're truck is just awesome, I love that thing man, great job. Thanks for sharing the build!

Regards,

Don

Last edited:
Well... I've been having a fit lately but it seems like my engine problems are coming to an end! Yipppeee!!! I went back to the stock rockers, got the bent valves fixed, but it was still running rough. Come to find out it was a vacuum leak in the rear carb & of all places... a vacuum leak on the brake power booster! It was about to make me pull out what lil hair I still have left... but now... it's back to running like a monster again. GLAD that's over! Now I gots ta get a bed on & make ready for Lone Star Roundup in mid April! Sweeeeeet!!!

BoB

Like Gilda Radner on Saturday Nite Live used to say, "It's always something".

Tracking down those last few gremlins can be very frustrating. Glad to see you got it sorted out. More video coming soon?

Well, I got the PU outta hock after a valve job to repair some bent valves & some vacuum leaks & now the big Nailhead is runnin' like the monster machine I set out to build. I spent a LOT of time the last couple of days on the highways & byways & have... ummmm... er... "accidentally" laid down a lil asphalt graffiti! What fun!!!

I've been using the truck to run errands & every time I came outta the store there was a big crowd around it... sweeeeeeet!!! Next comes a real exhaust system with Flowmaster 40's, a real windshield & the bed which will get bobbed. Lonestar Roundup... here I come!!! Oh yeah... & am workin' up a RRR sign for the doors!

BoB

It's been quite the oddessy but it looks like you have the nailhead all sorted out. Got to be quite a kick running errands with it.

Let the good times Roll!
yahoo.gif

It's been quite the oddessy but it looks like you have the nailhead all sorted out. Got to be quite a kick running errands with it.

And we are all there riding along with you. Keep on truckin!!!!!

Thanks guys... it was always great to have advice & encouragement when I needed it most & it feels really good to be able to blast around now at will. Of course there's still some stuff to finish up & I look forward to gittin' on with it!

BoB

Cruised all weekend... what a blast!!! Went over to my old neighborhood to see my buddy & took this shot while I was there!

BoB

Attachments

• thebeast.jpg
    thebeast.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 99

Latest posts

Back