My new sweetheart

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, any suggestions any comments will be appreciated. And thank you to each and everyone of you. It is a 36-7 cab, 2x3 square tube frame, 6" drop tube axle spring behind, 9" loaded with a posi pumkin, 355 s/b/c, 700R trans, frame is 20.7/8" at the front.

Hey Gus I really like the job your doing on the truck I can only hope my 33 Chevy 2 dr sud, comes out 1/2 as good.

Progress?

Hey Gus, Love where this is going, have you built a box yet? My build frame was similiar but I z'ed the front 6" also. Keep on keepin on![P

I think I'd determine what my ride-height I wanted for the frame, then install a couple pieces of steel to hold the frame up off of the axle at that height, tack them in place.
Then center the spring on the axle and determine where the spring shackles are going to be mounted onto the axle. Then you can build the shackles to hold everything in that pre-determined place and then proceed to wiggle the frame onto the spring so it fits "just right".
You'll have to guess how much the weight of the body/frame is going to compress the spring downward but that shouldn't be too hard to guess/try-fit it all together. Depending on what you're putting back there, (and the strength of the spring)two to three inches will probably cover it.
Shocks can be mounted any number of ways so don't let that bother you, just yet........ Don't forget about the PINION ANGLE either, just get it close, you can fine-tune that when you adjust the 4-bars or what-ever you're going to use to keep the rear-end in-line/squared with the frame etc. PANARD BAR comes last.
It's looking great, keep up the good work :)

Thank you guys, it just goes to show that anyone can do this, if you're crazy enough to jump off that cliff.
My daughter came to me one day and said DAD!! I want a rat rod, my first response was, what the @(( is a rat rod ..LOL ... Well since dad knows it all according to my wife and daughter.. What you see is what I built and I don't plan on stopping. I am planning on building at least two or three a year from here on out ???

I've been really good at what ever I do in my life, I'm considered one of the best blade "motor grader" operators in my area, during my car hauling days I was considered one of the top five in my state, I got to haul Richard Pettys 1800BEPETTY race cars ? I was # one handyman for several banks and real estate in my area as a professional handy man doing all type of repairs on homes being sold, I was a electrician doing oilfield automation taking 440 volts and breaking it all the way down to one milliamp, I was a licensed meteorologist for a couple of years, when I took the test to be a meteorologist I got the highest score the National Weather Service had ever seen on the test, don't get me started on Dinosaurs I have had paleontologist tell me I missed my calling, after being on the drilling rigs for a few years I had to take the drillers job, I out tripped and out drilled everyone on my rig and never hurt anyone, I have helped others who were being raped by the IRS win their court cases ....

Some of you may have found my frame plans on ebay the reason I thought of that idea was because I enjoy helping others, no one ever really helped me learn anything, I am self taught on everything I know.

My parents thought I was retarded until I was about ten when I finally came out of my shell and the day I turned sixteen I told my divorced parents to leave me alone, I wanted nothing to do with them and it's pretty much been that way for the last 37 years. I have never considered myself to be smart by no means. Due to life, I had to drop out of school the first week of my ninth year of jr high, I had to go to work to support myself....

So don't ever think you cant do something ever........

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
Albert Einstein

And the reason I have moved on so many times in my life is I'm a quarter Cherokee and from my understanding we get bored easily, when we lose interest we find something else to excite the mind ???? I have never been fired from a job either ..
Geeeeeeeeeeee WTI ....... LOL

But anyway, Thank you for your comments and interest in the WEEWAGN..

Last edited:
And who dug up this old thread anyway [S..................it needs to go to the back of the build threads and stay there........LOL

Hey Gus, Love where this is going, have you built a box yet? My build frame was similiar but I z'ed the front 6" also. Keep on keepin on![P

yeah actually I did

Attachments

• 20130316_210119.jpg
    20130316_210119.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 46
Almost there

But so y'all will know I'm almost done !!!:D with the 37 :cool: ... sale this one and move on to the 34 Dodge !!! :{

Attachments

• Farmington-20130322-00382.jpg
    Farmington-20130322-00382.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 107
  • Farmington-20130322-00383.jpg
    Farmington-20130322-00383.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 86
  • Farmington-20130322-00388.jpg
    Farmington-20130322-00388.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 94
  • Farmington-20130322-00386.jpg
    Farmington-20130322-00386.jpg