New truck search amped up!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The inspection is set for 1:30 tomorrow. They are suppose to try to run a diagnostics test on it and pull a oil sample. I dunno about you guys but there's no way I would hook a scanner to a truck with most of the dash burned away lol.

Inspection

Well the inspection is over with! The inspector was a cool cat. And so was the tech at the dealership. The tech was a younger guy who loved cummins and had one himself that was turned up.

We put it on a lift, took a oil sample, cranked it over by hand, and did a basic quick inspection. (I discovered my pinion seal is leaking lol) at that point the shop who had no idea what was going on said we had done enough and kicked us out. My adjuster had told me they had a regular arrangement with this dealership and that's why it needed to go here. The dealer said they have never did anything like this and wasn't happy with the scenario. Hints kicking us out lol. I don't get why this adjuster lied about so much pointless crap. They moved my truck to a back parking lot and abandon us. I told the inspector that I would do what ever I could to prove my truck was road ready. I jokingly said I would start it if I could.. He took me seriously so we hooked the jumper cables up. After a few minutes it fired up and ran fine. He just laughed and said he would throw the oil sample away and call all state. After shooting the **** for a few he jump started the truck again and video taped me pulling it on the trailer. He then sent the vid to my adjuster. Should be able to start the barter price for settlement soon! I hope!

Allstate huh? Do you feel like you're in good hands?

Not even close!!!

I'm getting tired of being treated like a criminal and basically being called a lier by a company who I pay tons of money to. It's getting really old..

And the saga continues....

Well they don't even have the oil samples back yet and said the inspection that was done at the dealership isn't enough to determine that the engine didn't start the fire. :rolleyes: I told the Allstate guy to stop acting like I'm a fool and to cut the bs. They are just trying to find something to get out of the claim with. After me telling the guy what a idiot he is he said that they now want to remove my oil pain to inspect the bearings. (Keep in mind they already took a oil sample and heard the truck run). But here's the catch, the engine has to come out of my truck to remove the oil pan. They also said that they may want to remove the pistons.:eek:they are gonna spend more money on trying to get out of a claim then they will to just pay me for my truck!

"I told the Allstate guy to stop acting like I'm a fool and to cut the bs. They are just trying to find something to get out of the claim with. After me telling the guy what a idiot he is"
You just reminded him of the azz whippens he got through out his life by being a dick and now he's using the power he is entrusted with by invoking unnecessary steps to annoy you.
I love what you did sounds like me :p [cl :cool: [P

Just had another talk with the idiot at Allstate. He still insist that they are looking for the cause of the fire. I'm pretty sure the bearings that they want to inspect didn't cause a interior fire! The idiot kept saying "well we just have to rule out all possibilities" he also stated that they know the fire started in the interior. I couldn't help but laugh and tell him what a idiot he makes himself sound like. I also asked him how in the world he sleeps at night knowing the bs that he tells people everyday. It's mind boggling to me that a person is ok with lying to people day after day and feel good about themselves. No way in hell could I do their job.

A friend of mine did a google search of my original adjuster (that I refuse to deal with after catching her in lies). They found a picture on her Facebook page of her smoking weed with her daughter. The caption read "ya it's a family thing". Makes me really feel like I'm in "good hands"...

Allstate huh? Do you feel like you're in good hands?

Eric, I believe I'd also be putting as much heat on Allstate as I could with this bs. Is there some sort of governing agency in Indiana like an insurance commission or anything where you could make a complaint? BBB maybe? What about all this time without a vehicle to work with. If they supplied a rental, are they supplying a vehicle of the same class as what you lost or just a driver?

I don't really want to get a attorney and drag anything out anymore then I absolutely have to. I just don't see why I should need one when I haven't done anything wrong. I realize they are just screwing with me and looking for some kind of way out. I don't see how they can tho. I'm really just ready for it to be over with. With everything else going on in life I can't keep dealing with them. It's bad enough that I screwed up and caused the fire by being careless then to be treated like a criminal is a lot to handle. My son and I had a trip planned to Mesa Arizona today to see some guys from here and to go to a fly in cruise in and then possibly go to the Grand Canyon. To explain to him that the trip that he was looking forward to for a month isn't going to happen sucks. And then to add that the trip to DC the last week of spring break probably isn't going to happen either makes ya feel awesome as a dad. I'm not sure if he's more of a car nut or a civil war nut now tho. He seamed more disappointed about not going to DC then to the car show in Arizona.

Maybe you could call a news reporter and get your story on the news. Maybe it would help move things along faster. I wish you luck.

I think if you find some twitter person and get them to hash tag the bad hands people.....

maybe the firestorm on them will be too much?

Hopefully it's over soon, the adjuster said that we will wait till the oil sample test comes in and go from there. It should be in Monday or Tuesday.

I cant stand dealing with insurance companies. When some one totaled my car for me last year I had to argue with Progressive about the amount they wanted to pay for my car. About half what a used one in that condition goes for. I was pretty upset. Told the lady to show me where she found the cars in that price range I was going to buy them all and resell them I would make a killing. She did not see my humor and still insisted that was all I could get and that is all they would pay. I was not happy.

Still haven't settled. They got the oil sample back (that they retrieved incorrectly) and claimed that it had "upper cylinder metals" in it at a level 3 out of 4. But they wouldn't allow me to see the test results. He claimed that they needed to inspect my engine and tear it down. I wasn't going for it and after a week or so of no cummincation they left me a voicemail saying they was going to move my claim to a different department to settle it. That was a week ago and they are still dragging their feet. They also tried to tell me that I wasn't allowed to keep my truck since I owed money on it. The credit union who I have the loan thru was a bit irritated about that. Since it's technically their truck and then mine and the insurance company has zero rights to it. It may still end up in court yet. I'm gonna give them a few more days to make some progress.

Back