New truck search amped up!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You got that right !!!

Insurance is a legal scam with the current laws.

That right there says it all. How can they require driving insurance on ALL cars that you drive and base the rate on not only your driving record, but the car(s) you drive. After all, you only drive one at a time. They got you coming and going and rarely pay off what the car is worth. And THEN up your rate because you had an accident???

"In Greed We Trust." Should say so right on that worthless (and ILLEGAL) Federal Reserve Note some of us still carry around.

[end of rant]

21: You piqued my curiosity and your mention of CCC1 led me to numerous sites including this article...

http://www.certifiedautoappraisers.com/cccarticle.html

... funny (yet not surprising) how the industry (85%) uses and "trains" its people to use this "system". Near as I can tell, its sole purpose is to devalue your vehicle... rather than value your loss with reasonably expected... competence.

One of my favorite sayings is, "I could train a chimp to do that" which isn't far from the truth. An old "friend" works for an insurance company and doesn't know **** from Shinola TM. (He started in the mail room and sucked his way to vehicle claims.:confused:) He can't change his own oil but can punch some crap into a program and come up with some numbers for you and the profit machine. :rolleyes: Not so long ago, his position required a background in... get this... autobody repair. Suck (I mean such) is no longer the case as a person with knowledge might replace 6 people with none. (Further detracting from the profit machine.)

The whole point of this rant is to support you in your quest for a reasonable end to an unreasonable situation. (Screw the working man, indeed!) I have no idea what your options are, but I'd hope you could take your insurance business (entirely) to a reasonable and sensible alternative.

Doc I have read that article already and several others like it. It's a good explanation of how they screw their customers. I suggest everyone finds out who their insurance company uses to determine total loss values. If they use ccc one I suggest changing company's. I am currently shopping for a new company for my auto insurance, my hauling insurance, my equipment insurance, my excavator insurance and my excavation business liability insurance. I have spent a fortune on my insurance for years with all state but will not deal with this. The amount of complete inprofessionalism by all state employees blows me away. Calls and emails not returned for over a week at a time and refusal to answer questions. I've refused to deal with two of there employees now due to them not answering questions or simply not communicating. Wish I had the money to take them to court and make it right. I'd go after ccc and Allstate.

The insurance industry is totally out of control.
We switched to Grundy. They have an agreed value plan that makes sense to me. We have our Motorhome, my brides minivan, a Dodge Cummins pick up, my Jeep, the '48 Dodge rat and two ATVs with them. And I'm going to ad the '47 Dodge next month.

I had another Jeep with them that met its untimely death on a Colorado mountain pass when a oncoming car side swiped us. They paid off for the exact agree value in 4 days. I highly recommend them.

I know your situation is different than just an accident but I feel like Grundy would have paid off the same way.

I like the agreed value idea, that would be awesome.

What I am hoping for is to find another company that I can have all my stuff thru. So when I have a issue with someone I have a single contact to deal with.

I don't know about company equipment thru Grundy but it wouldn't cost anything to give them a call and ask. I know what you're going thru, I was in the heavy equipment repair business with a crap load of service trucks and equipment to insure.

The best day of my life was when I closed down that nightmare and retired.
It got to the point I was just working my butt off for taxes, insurance and my employees wages and benefits.

I feel your pain.

I don't know about company equipment thru Grundy but it wouldn't cost anything to give them a call and ask. I know what you're going thru, I was in the heavy equipment repair business with a crap load of service trucks and equipment to insure.

The best day of my life was when I closed down that nightmare and retired.
It got to the point I was just working my butt off for taxes, insurance and my employees wages and benefits.

I feel your pain.

I will research what insurance they offer. Most places will not offer commercial trucking insurance tho. Allstate don't either, it's "subbed"out just like my business liability is.

I've considered just getting a regular job and saying screw it but I start to realize how much freedom I will loose.

I had some trouble getting paid from a company out of Dallas when I lived in Texas. At some point I asked the guy where his office was. Then I calmly told him I owned an 090 Stihl, the biggest chainsaw they ever made and I was coming over with no intention to harm any person and sawing his desk in two. I got paid.

two months and still no resolution. I would have popped a few shots at that place by now. $2200 for the truck with no option of buy back.... I would have switched to a bigger gun.

Salvage values

Those figures are about what it'd go for at a salvage auction around here.
How about getting a value from another adjusting co. like G.A.B. think they're the largest independent adjusting co. & why can't you buy the truck back ?[S
I've never heard of that .
Another Ins co. you might want to ck. with is Grinnell Mutual -- had them for years --commercial & home & auto .
Hope it all works out for you.

I've considered just getting a regular job and saying screw it but I start to realize how much freedom I will loose.

Feeling your pain brother, wishing you the best on the truck deal.
Worked several years for myself,thinking I had freedom .....but it's
not free, it comes with some cost.....good luck to ya.

I'm starting to think the adjuster has a sale lined up on it. Thats why all the worry over the motor on an interior fire and can't buy it back.

I had a great experience with State Farm when the wife smoked a deer. They totaled it and got to buy it back cheap.

I'm starting to think the adjuster has a sale lined up on it. Thats why all the worry over the motor on an interior fire and can't buy it back.

I had a great experience with State Farm when the wife smoked a deer. They totaled it and got to buy it back cheap.

They know that they will get decent money out of it as salvage. Especially in my area where camper hauling is a huge business. At the offers that they made they would actually be making money on it.

It's been almost a week since I've heard from them last. They certainly aren't in any hury to take care of things.

Those figures are about what it'd go for at a salvage auction around here.
How about getting a value from another adjusting co. like G.A.B. think they're the largest independent adjusting co. & why can't you buy the truck back ?[S
I've never heard of that .
Another Ins co. you might want to ck. with is Grinnell Mutual -- had them for years --commercial & home & auto .
Hope it all works out for you.

They say that I can higher a appraiser out of my pocket but they don't have to honor it according to what I've been told by the state of indiana

I had a 74 Tbird catch on fire under the hood, totalled. I tried to buy it back and was told that they had a contract with some salvage yard who got all their total out cars.

I wouldn't have a problem with that if they gave me what it's worth.
But I can get more then the $4500 that they offered from just a few parts.

I just laugh (sympathetically) when I see their commercials now.

yup, tell them to pound sand.

Latest posts

Back