New truck search amped up!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are just trying to **** me off so I will settle for less money so it will be over with. Not gonna happen :D

Sometimes you gotta fight fire with fire....

This is BS.....unless they are investigating you for insurance fraud then pay off....no reason for them to be dragging their feet...my wife is an insurance agent and she said same thing....a claim is a claim...doesn't matter how it started...you have "fire and theft" so pay the claim....years ago I had a car that I pulled the carb off of to rebuild it...the cleaning crew shut the hood on the car to lift it up to clean the floors...the porter came in the next morning and tried to start it up....luckily there were other techs in the shop at the time to push it outside...it burned pretty badly...totaled...the insurance paid the claim...not our shop insurance but the guys car insurance....even my wife can't figure out why the BS delay.....I'd go to the next level....lawyer....JMHO

They moved it to the department that pays the claim supposedly. I had planned to call them today but didn't have time. I guess I will shoot them a email and give em some crap and see if I get a reply.

They've been acting like idiots this long, I guess it's contagious in that company.

Ya, it's been real tempting to post the picture I have of the Allstate employee smoking dope with her daughter and drinking. She was dumb enough to post it on her Facebook page with a caption that said "ya it's a family thing". I'm not real smart but I don't think I would be posting that when I **** people off for a living. Lol

I thought you were going to stop right there. ↑↑

Na, they want to **** ya off so you will be ready to settle to make them go away. I find it better to not give them that satisfaction and to stay calm. They have no idea how to act when you don't get mad at them for acting stupid. :D

The good hands people?

Ya, it's been real tempting to post the picture I have of the Allstate employee smoking dope with her daughter and drinking. She was dumb enough to post it on her Facebook page with a caption that said "ya it's a family thing". I'm not real smart but I don't think I would be posting that when I **** people off for a living. Lol

That's hilarious!!! You should print it out and take it to her as blackmail! :D

Some of the stuff people put on facebook is unreal. There was a guy in FL that posted a picture of himself with a gun and it turns out that he is a felon--not supposed to have a gun--and the gun was stolen . Free trip back to jail.

Some of the stuff people put on facebook is unreal. There was a guy in FL that posted a picture of himself with a gun and it turns out that he is a felon--not supposed to have a gun--and the gun was stolen . Free trip back to jail.

I wonder if he worked at Allstate? Or maybe it was the all state adjusters family?

And it continues...

I filed a complaint today against Allstate with the Indiana department of insurance. It had been almost a week since I heard from them and I had sent three or four emails in the meantime. I did finally receive the vehicle evaluation report. They compared my one ton to two 3/4 tons and one dually. All of witch had auto transmissions. One was a stripped down base model with manual everything. Not even close to the same trucks. So now I wait again. I told Allstate to find someone who would reply to my emails and not lie about getting them like my current claim owner. It's been absolutely rediculous dealing with them. I suggest anyone who has Allstate to consider moving to another company.

I'm getting hosed still. It's now been two months. I've filed complaints against them with the indiana department of insurance but Allstate hasn't replied yet. My attorney says it's gonna be hard to fight them and gain anything. He believes I could win but I will spend more then I will gain. I also have a possible case with them for slander for the things a Allstate employee said to a shop that I use for repairs.

They originally offered me about $4500 and no option to retain the truck. Now they are offering about $2200 with no option to retain the truck. Insurance is a legal scam with the current laws. Your forced to have it but they aren't forced to be fair with claims. The company that they use to determine vehicle values has had several law suits against them for shady practices. The company is called ccc one. Do a quick google search of them and you will find story after story of insurance claim night mares involving them. Ccc one compared my truck to three trucks with auto transmissions and none of them where the same model as mine. Two where 3/4 ton trucks. One was a beat to death farm truck.

Allstate says there's no way they will allow me to retain the truck. And I will have to fight them to get a better value out of them. So unless I spend 6k to get 6k more out of them I won't get a fair price for it. Plus no matter what if I settle with them I will loose my truck. At this point I'm better off to just tell them to flip off and pay off the truck myself and build a Coe out of it.

I suggest that if anyone has allstate to look into getting a different company to cover your rides.

21: You piqued my curiosity and your mention of CCC1 led me to numerous sites including this article...

http://www.certifiedautoappraisers.com/cccarticle.html

... funny (yet not surprising) how the industry (85%) uses and "trains" its people to use this "system". Near as I can tell, its sole purpose is to devalue your vehicle... rather than value your loss with reasonably expected... competence.

One of my favorite sayings is, "I could train a chimp to do that" which isn't far from the truth. An old "friend" works for an insurance company and doesn't know **** from Shinola TM. (He started in the mail room and sucked his way to vehicle claims.:confused:) He can't change his own oil but can punch some crap into a program and come up with some numbers for you and the profit machine. :rolleyes: Not so long ago, his position required a background in... get this... autobody repair. Suck (I mean such) is no longer the case as a person with knowledge might replace 6 people with none. (Further detracting from the profit machine.)

The whole point of this rant is to support you in your quest for a reasonable end to an unreasonable situation. (Screw the working man, indeed!) I have no idea what your options are, but I'd hope you could take your insurance business (entirely) to a reasonable and sensible alternative.

Latest posts

Back