Newbie with zero experience... 1951 ford f3?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrRodville

i dont know how or why i have decided to start on this endeavor... i have zero experience with building and completely lack any sort of fabrication skills. what i do have is the means to do this (good friends with experience, tools, and a garage) and some disposable income. somewhere in this lifetime i came to the stark realization that if something scares you or if something seems IMPOSSIBLE to you then you must attack with all your passion and drive because it is the conquest of these impossibilities that lets you know you are still alive...

with that being said, i have become somewhat obsessed with rat rods lately. i have always wanted to build a car, with my dream being a factory five mk4 roadster...but these dirty rats have an appeal that is unmatched. i need some opinions/advice from the vets here. i have found this 1951 ford f3 online
depending on how the negotiating goes i might be able to get it in the next couple of days. ideally i want to use the motor, frame, and cab as the basis for the rat. thoughts, comments, criticism, all are welcome......

Welcome to RRR! Looks like a good deal. Go for it! Start a build thread and post plenty of pics. We'll help you along the right path.

Welcome from Tejas! Feel free to make u're self @ home & join rat in! If you need help... speak right up... no one will give you a hard time for asking questions or asking for advice! :D

BoB

welcome from R.I. don't feel like you are the only one on a steep learning curve. the people on this site are super helpful and very knowlegable.

Welcome to the site.
The positive attitude is the best tool you can have. Sounds like you've have yours sharpened well.

Hello

Welcome to RRR.......... none of us knew how to wipe when we were baby's but almost all of us do a really good job of it now we are older, we are here to help when we can, ask.......

Hi and welcome to RRR from northern Alberta. Building is like an addiction, but it's one of your better addictions. The guys here have a lot of experience and will share. Go for it. Keep on tinkering.

welcome . You will be amazed at how much you can do with some time but be prepared, it mite consume your life a bit

Latest posts

Back