next project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lookin good preacher... allways good to have some help! im sure they had a great time helping.. and learned a thing or two ..keep at it..

oh.. by the way i am glad to see that you are going to finish the truck... we all have those moments of weakness.. haha

Good lookin work Preacher.. The upNdown stuff is always hard for me, Yours looks like the 'stacked dimes' an old pipeliner I knew always bragged on.

For me to get that, I have to stand the frame on edge.. Been there--done that. :)

PA41

Good lookin work Preacher.. The upNdown stuff is always hard for me, Yours looks like the 'stacked dimes' an old pipeliner I knew always bragged on.

For me to get that, I have to stand the frame on edge.. Been there--done that. :)

PA41

thanks for the compliment on the welding--i have to say i've gotten plenty of practice on this ol' heap:D Dad has always (as long as i can remember) been a good welder and taught me about "burnin' it in" more than any shop class i was in
i actually liked welding the verticals (at least it wasn't overhead-- i hate overhead!!!)[;)

Just read the entire thread. Awesome build so far [cl

I have one question for ya Preacher .

Are you not worried about the front of the frame hitting the cross steering shaft when the the leaf spring flexs over big bumps ? Doesn't seem to be a lot of clearance in the pics.

Just read the entire thread. Awesome build so far [cl

I have one question for ya Preacher .

Are you not worried about the front of the frame hitting the cross steering shaft when the the leaf spring flexs over big bumps ? Doesn't seem to be a lot of clearance in the pics.

sorry i miised your question, the tie rod has 2" of clearance, and honestly had never thought or worried about it hitting the frame....however i could always flip the tie rod to the front for the clearance problem, though ackerman is affected i see many done that way.....

at one time i actually considered mounting a rack&pinion unit underneath the frame -- but probably won't, since the rest of the build is "old school"....

i think i'll go jack up one side of the axle to see if it contacts--maybe get a "big guy" to bounce on it to check it....:D

Nice build! Your giving me a TON of ideas!

Any updates? I'd like to see more of that front suspension. I plan on running something similar.

the last update

well, i went and did it:eek: i listed the 52 on craigslist the other day and had a guy show some interest....
so today he showed up with a trailer and hauled it off....(leaving me w/ an empty yard and a full pocket);)
i really had enjoyed the frame-work and the "artistic" creativity that i got to display on it, but i'm also glad to see it go.....

now i can change my sig. line:D
"what do you do when you sell a project?--finish the first one!!

BTW the truck was sold to "newguy" slopoe from tenn. so i'm sure we haven't seen the last of it.......it's all yours now, slopoe,...have fun! [P

Attachments

• last update 001.jpg
    last update 001.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 100
  • last update 002.jpg
    last update 002.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 119
  • last update 003.jpg
    last update 003.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 70
  • last update 004.jpg
    last update 004.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 74
sorta sad

well i just found your build and got to the end and now i am sorta sad to see it going.... but at least the build should continue on here.

Hate to see it go. I know they were proud to have it though. The look with the hood is kinda the direction I am going in with the 48. I guess you will be back on the 46?

well, i went and did it:eek: i listed the 52 on craigslist the other day and had a guy show some interest....
so today he showed up with a trailer and hauled it off....(leaving me w/ an empty yard and a full pocket);)
i really had enjoyed the frame-work and the "artistic" creativity that i got to display on it, but i'm also glad to see it go.....

BTW the truck was sold to "newguy" slopoe from tenn. so i'm sure we haven't seen the last of it.......it's all yours now, slopoe,...have fun! [P

Good looking truck HRP. Glad your happy with your decision. I could never let one go if It was mine. Well, I take that back - $$$$$ makes things a lot easier to accept huh? :D

well, thunder i was almost at the point of "attachment"--almost-- and there was the problem of not having any time or money for any of my projects, so i chose to put the 52 up for sale hoping to aleviate some of my debts :)o) and use a little of the money to finish the 46....
i don't do well with selling "projects" as this 52 and my 79 mustang "hotrod racecar" have been the only 2 i've ever sold........
i hope to make the 46 long-distance travel worthy and then drive the wheels off of it!:D

HRP,

I check up sporadically on this board. Just now I found that you sold this beauty with the 403 Olds! Wow that didn't take long. Good for your decisiveness.. and that you are moving to another fun project, but this was one of my favorite builds. Good descriptions of your ideas, etc... a little different from "normal".

I love them Olds 403's...:D

Keep us up to speed on your next work.

Ian

theyre easy to sell, just hard to see em go. the guy i sold my 40 ford to parted it out and just used the cab. would have been cheaper to buy a cab in my opinion!:confused: to each their own

found on e-bay!?

well the new owner has had a change of hotrod heart-the 52 is now on da-bay..........
he has put brakes on the front, and used the old power unit grille (i think it's still a tad too big-IMO)
we'll see how it does i guess..........

hot rod preacher, i have your 52 now in newbern,tn.i've done a little to it,lookin foward to cruisin it.i don't have alot of time to work on as i'm a truck driver.ole girl gets alot of compliments.i have to give you credit for doing the hard part.thanks for all your hard work.

looking forward to the completion of it--i really enjoyed the build--(well there was a moment or two of weakness:rolleyes:) the frame&artsy part of proportions etc. was what i really enjoyed....sometimes i miss that rusty thing setting in my shop-driveway.....

hope to hear/see some updates soon--and if you'd like you can update this thread with a few pics as well.......

just curious, but are you gonna run the hood or not? -- i really wanted the hood to work and make a custom "tube" grille that was the same shape as the hood....i know when slopoe listed it for sale the orange grille was on it...just wonderin'.

today pics

put some pics in the build thread,won't let me put them here .not sure if i like the hood grill combo,but i'm tryin to get ready for the redneck rumble in sept.may change it later.

Latest posts

Back