Pet roll call.......let's see 'em!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my boy rocky.
066a6cd1.jpg

He's kind of a dork, but I love him still :)
photo-52.jpg

The best part is when he sleeps.
photo-53.jpg

And then sometimes he has to put Dobie in her place by sucking on her face.

photo-55.jpg

photo-56.jpg

I love dogs and I've had quite a few. Then I had a string of bad luck. After three consecutive bad endings, I was extremely upset and gave up. One stolen, one untimely "released", and the last one was poisoned by a new neighbor. :mad:

We have cats now. I was never a "cat person" but my kids convinced me to give them a chance and I'm happy they did. Here's our current "pair" (Zeus and Ajax) pinning down an empty 2 for 1 pizza box. Poor pics, but fitting for these two. They were brought home together as kittens from the shelter, so they've always been a 2 for 1 deal. :D

IMG_0550.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

This is Sniffy and Scooter who are no longer with us. They were my loyal buddies for 17 years and always had to be underfoot at the shop when I was working there. They had their own chairs and would sit there for hours watching us work. I really miss them.

dans49chopstarted009.jpg

Don

We have a new (temporary) buddy. Every night I feed from 6-10 stray cats that live near my shop, and a while back Smokie and his GF had a litter of two kittens. After a while the parents started bringing the new kittens around to eat, the one was brave, but the little white one was really skittish and would run off when she saw us coming.

A few weeks ago the one little kitten simply disappeared and has not been back, and that happens way too often. Not sure what happens to them but I know it isn't good. :( The little white one got braver and would actually play with me with a mouse on a fishing line, so I made the decision to not let her meet with the same fate. Wednesday night I set out an animal trap and I was able to catch the white kitten.

We can't keep her because we already have two at home, so we are going to find her a good home somewhere. The amazing thing is, up until Wednesday night she was a Feral cat, living in the wild, and within two days she has become completely tame. I can hold her and pet her..........she is just a sweetheart. Very gentle and smart, she already knows her name, Snowball.

I've learned a little about the breed, it is called a Lynx Pointed Tabby. She has some Siamese in her and the weird thing is that the white coat is only on the body, where there is body heat, and the extremities, like the ears, tail, and feet, turn darker because it is colder there. They also will have blue eyes forever.

I keep her locked in the office at the shop and go there every day to play with her for a few hours and feed her. She runs up to me when I come in and it is really going to be hard to part with her when the time comes, but I just have to. Anyway, here are a couple of pictures.

Don

snowball005.jpg

snowball006.jpg

Last edited:
We have a new (temporary) buddy.
We can't keep her because we already have two at home, so we are going to find her a good home somewhere.
.............. it is really going to be hard to part with her when the time comes, but I just have to. Anyway, here are a couple of pictures.

Don

snowball005.jpg

snowball006.jpg

Wow Don, she is gorgeous! I that a black nose? Wish you weren't so far away.............[S can ya ship a cat :confused::eek:

Here's my prince and best pal, Bear.

He just turned 10, adopted him when he was 2 months old...

Ten years ago:

pup.jpg

And now...live and die by the frisbee

thebear.jpg

Well, Snowball is all settled in her new home. A lady that is a friend of my ex wife saw her pictures and fell in love with her and wanted her, but couldn't take her right away as she was scheduled for some surgery. I agreed to keep Snowball for her until she could take her. It was a big mistake because I really started to like her a lot, and she became attached to me too. Every night we would spend a few hours at my shop, playing and with her napping on my lap. But I had promised the lady and also couldn't keep the cat because of already having two at home.

One day I brought her home with me because she looked sad when I was leaving the shop and I introduced her to our two male cats. They got along well with her, but she was very possessive of me, and even bit Lucky on the butt because he was sleeping next to me on the couch. It was obvious that she wants to be the Queen of the house, which I understand is a trait of Siamese cats.

Yesterday the lady called and said she was ready for Snowball to go to her place. I have to admit I had tears in my eyes, but I have spoken with the lady a few times and she came to the shop to meet Snowball one night. I could tell she was going to a good home and that is the important thing. Here is a picture of her a week or so ago, she is getting bigger and fatter because she eats like a horse. :D

myrpubuildingfinalbed012.jpg

Everyone tells me that Snowball could not have been from Smokey and his GF because she has every mark and characteristic of a pure bred Lynx Point Siamese. I looked at pictures on line and she is identical to the ones I saw there, but I know who her Mom and Dad are, I watched her grow up with them from just a tiny kitten until the day I caught her.

This is her Mom..........

smokeyandlittlemamacat002.jpg

And this is her Dad............

smokeyandlittlemamacat004.jpg

This is a picture of Snowball and her Mom sitting outside my shop a little while before I trapped Snowball, so I know this is her Mom for sure. Big mystery.

my27drilledaxle019.jpg

My next project is to catch both of them and have them spayed and neutered so this cycle of having kittens ends. But at least one got saved.:D

Don

Last edited:
It is a good thing you do. Yes, hard to give her up even to a good home. She's beautiful.
Maybe Mom and Dad adopted her from Siam.

You're a good person Don! I have a huge heart too when comes to animals-you're right you can't save them all but at least we can save some of them.My woman and I have had more agruments over the strays I just can't pass up bringing home.

I don't know who spends more time helping with my truck. The dogs or my kids:D

Attachments

• 0105091310a.jpg
    0105091310a.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 0207092045a.jpg
    0207092045a.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 11
I think I've posted our two saints on here before but never pics of their puppies as they got older so here they are with two of the eleven offspring which are all in new homes now and back down to momma and pops
This is Chuck Wilson
2012-02-05132910-1.jpg

This is mommas Symphony Dawn
2011-03-28182811_Wenatchee_Washington_US.jpg

One of their puppies and my wife holding another of their puppies at a car show
576081_10151169678407049_1587517588_n.jpg

2012-09-02130703.jpg

Haha, I bought my Mom a St Bernard years ago and there is no cuter puppy in the world..........just a big furball ! :D Very loyal dogs too, even though I didn't get to see him often he would run up and put those huge front paws on my shoulders and give me a big wet kiss when I visited her.

Don

Here's three of mine, the fourth one is camera shy!

100_1538.jpg

100_1539.jpg

This is Layla. She is three years old. She is my dog, took up with me the first day my wife brought her home. She rode in the semi with me for 1.5 years when I was doing long haul. Best judge of character I have ever saw, if she doesn't like you, I know not to trust you!
100_1541.jpg

100_1542.jpg

This is Sassy, another full blood Boston Terrier. She is about 5 years old. She is the wife's. Her and my late son picked her out, the runt of the litter. Not a runt anymore! Her and Layla play rough, sounds like a war!

100_1543.jpg

This is Rip, a Rat Terrier, also known as the old woman. She is also the wife's, she fell in love with her when she was a pup you could hold in your hand. A friend bought her for his daughter, then when the daughter moved out about a year later, gave her [the dog] to my wife. She's about 10 years old. Great watch dog, nothing moves on the place that she doesn't know about.

Have another rat/mixed terrier that my late son got for my wife after we had to have another Boston put down. She had been crying for two or three days when he brought her home and told her," Don't cry Momma, I got you another doggie". She didn't want her, told him to take her back where he got her. I talked her into keeping her, now, she wouldn't take the world for her. Like I said, she's shy, when I get a good pic of her, I'll post it.

We have a new boarder that will be with us for a while. My Son Dan rescued a baby Muscovy duck and is keeping it in our shop office until it heals and gets old enough to defend itself. It is the runt of the brood and other big ducks were pecking it badly. I understand they will do that to ducklings from other families, trying to kill them. :( Poor little guy has all his tail feathers pulled out and a wound on his leg.

Dan has been treating him with peroxide and ointment and he already is looking better. He has perked up and loves peas and baby food like bananas and apples. We aren't sure how long it will take for him to grow big enough to release, but for the time being he is living in a plastic tub in the shop office, and swimming in our laundry tub every night. :D

Don

dansmustangtubbing011.jpg

dansmustangtubbing015-1.jpg

Hehe, they would think he was a big play toy if they saw him. :D Dan put him in my bathroom in a plastic tub inside my tub overnight until we took him to the shop the next day and they were hanging around outside the door all night, wondering what was in there. He has this "chirp" that he makes and they could hear it.

Cute little guy, and he gets all excited when we feed him. This place is turning into the Wild Kingdom. :D

Don

We have a new boarder that will be with us for a while. My Son Dan rescued a baby Muscovy duck and is keeping it in our shop office until it heals and gets old enough to defend itself. It is the runt of the brood and other big ducks were pecking it badly. I understand they will do that to ducklings from other families, trying to kill them. :( Poor little guy has all his tail feathers pulled out and a wound on his leg.

Dan has been treating him with peroxide and ointment and he already is looking better. He has perked up and loves peas and baby food like bananas and apples. We aren't sure how long it will take for him to grow big enough to release, but for the time being he is living in a plastic tub in the shop office, and swimming in our laundry tub every night. :D

Don

dansmustangtubbing011.jpg

dansmustangtubbing015-1.jpg

Oh Don, you may have no idea how much one of those can poop when full grown. We had a couple when I was a kid and there was duck crap everywhere, always tracked into the house.

Latest posts

Back