Pet roll call.......let's see 'em!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For people saying. Men do not like cats, we have a lot of cats on here. including myself.

I agree, there are dog people and cat people. We've had some great dogs over the years, a German Shepard, and a Doberman and we loved both of them. But at this stage of my life cats are just easier to live with........you put out food, water, and a litter box and you can go away for a few days and the cat takes care of himself. With a dog (especially in an apartment) you have to walk him before work, after work, and before going to bed for the night.

Cat's also crack me up, they KNOW they are funny and do stuff just to show off. Last night while Dan and I were working in the shop we had 3 kittens stop by and they played for hours with the mice toys we gave them. Every time I looked over they were flipping them up into the air. We also gave them some catnip and they kept rolling around in it, getting drunk. :D

We are a little afraid we may have caused some damage to these wild ones though. They are becoming too used to us and are losing some of their fear of humans. Shmoo was sitting in the middle of the parking lot last night and a car was trying to get by, so I had to go out and move him out of the way. Hope we haven't taken some of the instincts away that protect them.:(

Don

Lilly001.jpg

Here's the newest member of our family. Meet Lilly. She's a 7 week old Standard Poodle. We got her this afternoon.

I like dogs and cats but have only a cat. Like Don said, you can go away for a couple days and they are fine. I probably still like dogs better but hate the thought of starting another pup and having everything chewed up for a year. Also I refuse to have a dog that has to be tied up and I live close enough to the road that it worrys me if one would get out there.

Currently down to two cats.

Toby is our eight year old pink footed grey and white long hair......I rescued him as a kitten from a concrete plant where I worked.
myblanketLarge.jpg

And this is Daryl, my daughter picked her and her brother up out of a ditch in western PA on a rainy night earlier this year. She is a rare Pennsylvania Black Footed Tabby:D Was just saying to the wife last night as we sat petting her that who ever set her out has no idea that she is 150 miles away sitting on a warm couch......and probably doesn't care my wife said:( But they both have it made now[cl[cl
MissDaryl.jpg

Here is me and Bullseye. He was a paint horse I had for a time, with one blue eye. Too smart for his own good with a mean streak. But he was still a lot of fun.
bullseye5.jpg

We still have the bunch of strays that show up every night at the shop for dinner. If I am a little late I have between 4 and 8 of them waiting for me there. :D We also have a brand new kitten who just started showing up who is the spitting image of his Brother "Shmoo". We named this one "Mini Shmoo." :D

I feed them on my trailer to keep the ants out of their food, and built them a couple of boxes to go into to stay out of the cold, but so far they haven't used them. Hope they make out ok on these cold nights. :(

Don

danslastpiecespainted001-1.jpg

Symphony Dawn...st.bernard............also have 4 miniature dachshunds, 2 cats, 1 fish, 1 duck, 8 chicken hens, and an Arabian Mare.
symphy5.jpg

Crazy Mizz Daizy
daizy41-2.jpg

Not pets but we have cows, pigs, turkeys through here at times also....we have raised and had butchered 4 cows, two pigs, three turkeys, and twenty someodd chickens.....I did the chicken myself ......we share wit family and friends.

Probably to keep warm up there ! :D

Chewy is my buddy all day, but the minute Dan gets home from work he leaves me immediately and goes back to being Dan's cat. I shot this the other night when Dan fell asleep on the couch........Chewy has to always have a paw or two on you. :D

danandchewy027.jpg

Don

My latest rescue, what a shame someone would just abondon such a beautiful animal. Artemus 1 year old Rottie.

Attachments

• Artie1.jpg
    Artie1.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 19
My 10 year olds pet...dog makes me laugh everytime I look at her. Between the dresses and her running full speed everywhere! Most affectionate dog I've ever seen.

Cool looking Rottie Darkk. My favorite breed. Congrats to you for a good looking dog and most importantly for rescuing him. My hats off to you!

Attachments

• 2011-10-01_17-24-52_403.jpg
    2011-10-01_17-24-52_403.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 20
This is my girl "Sassy" and a couple of her kids, and the proud Dad Pippan,2nd picture(Ya, i know woosy name)

Attachments

• DSC01621.JPG
    DSC01621.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC00866.jpg
    DSC00866.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 12
Willie004.jpg

Willie, the Standard Poodle, my buddy for the last 14 1/2 years departed today.
Here's his last picture before we headed for the Vet. Just too much pain to go on.

Latest posts

Back