quick and dirty

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldskool

Well, lets get started...here is the pieces of the puzzle. I am going to put together with the help of hotrod preacher a little shop truck. Nothing fancy(I want to be able to laugh with others as they are laughing at me) to run bikes and parts with. The organ donor of choice is a free(I REALLY like that word) 1990 running/driving 2wd dodge with a 318/auto...I know how some people feel about a Dodge(I personally love them and have seen some spank of chevy's too) but then there is that word again I REALLy like...free.
The plans are to do a body swap and maybe drop the body if it isnt major pain in the wallet. The sweet Patina is for sure going to stay,it's a retired fire truck and you can still see the pinstrip in places.

Attachments

• 48ford.jpg
    48ford.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 123
  • 48 door.jpg
    48 door.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 97
  • 1990dodge.jpg
    1990dodge.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 71
There will be a v8 flat head and tranny coming out and soon to be in the "for sale" section...so if interested keep your eye out!

Going to be a cool set up. The 318 works nice, good motor. I have run a few and spanked hopped up 350 all day. Good looking ford. [cl

Last edited:
[cl[cl

glad to see this build thread begin...[P

i would say i ill be watching this build, but i am afraid i may be more involved than that![ddd

ok a few change of plans...My original donor truck "donor" flaked out on me. Imagine that:rolleyes:..to good to be true. The new donor is now a '75 F350, straight 6/300 with a granny 4. And the rest of the story as they would say as it turns out my '48 didnt have a flat v/8, its a flat 6. interesting enough though it has a two speed rear end that appears to be linkage activated[S. The new donor is really more what I wanted anyway(dual wheels). I'll post some pics of a little bit of work me and Hotrod preacher got done today a little later....stay tuned![P

lets see if i can "contribute" to this thread...:D

it really needs some pics, but the guy that used the camera today apparently cannot work technology good enuf to send them to oldskool... :rolleyes:

but he can tear down an old ford!![ddd

Attachments

• quick n dirty tear down pics 004.jpg
    quick n dirty tear down pics 004.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 38
  • quick n dirty tear down pics 003.jpg
    quick n dirty tear down pics 003.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 35
  • quick n dirty tear down pics 005.jpg
    quick n dirty tear down pics 005.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 37
  • quick n dirty tear down pics 006.jpg
    quick n dirty tear down pics 006.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 39
  • quick n dirty tear down pics 002.jpg
    quick n dirty tear down pics 002.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 40
These are pics as we picked it up.. speaking of "picking it up" the last pic was an item (semi-truck step) that was found on the road on the way home...so of course we had to stop and pick it up. I will be made into something on this build, not sure what[S. any ideas out there?

more "proof" we can git r done...:D

Attachments

• quick n dirty tear down pics 009.jpg
    quick n dirty tear down pics 009.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 29
  • quick n dirty tear down pics 014.jpg
    quick n dirty tear down pics 014.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 35
  • quick n dirty tear down pics 012.jpg
    quick n dirty tear down pics 012.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 30
  • quick n dirty tear down pics 011.jpg
    quick n dirty tear down pics 011.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 29
  • quick n dirty tear down pics 010.jpg
    quick n dirty tear down pics 010.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 31
  • quick n dirty tear down pics 008.jpg
    quick n dirty tear down pics 008.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 28
  • quick n dirty tear down pics 007.jpg
    quick n dirty tear down pics 007.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 29
other than the headaches with a very stubborn welded on to the frame bed... the tear down went off slick... 35 yr old bolts came out pretty easy...:)

we picked up the truck around 9:30...got to the shop around 10-10:30...

stopped to eat a bite of lunch...sometime close to noon

and i left as the cab was coming off the frame-at 345...

now if the 49 comes apart that good! lol:D

Me and hotrod preacher took it to the ratrods weight watchers program and in about 6 hours we got her looking slim and trim! :D
No, i'm not asleep under it either..somebody had to have used about 50 pounds of welding rods on the bed(maybe they got them on sale?):eek:

No working today on it..trying to kick this cold that I seem to have got. If anybody whats some smaller pieces from the cab(ie:windows,good door panels,no cracks in the winshield) let me know,quick. The sheet metal is going to be traded off soon for a bed for the '56 ford project.

A few pic's....

Attachments

• 100_7274.jpg
    100_7274.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 100_7276.jpg
    100_7276.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 100_7278.jpg
    100_7278.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 48
Got a "borrowed" '52 front clip on it(I just think those are some sexy looking front ends!:D) but it was off of a 1/2 ton and it dont look like the whell well opening is going to work out....I'll have to use the "less sexier" '48.

Attachments

• 100_7287.jpg
    100_7287.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 15
The start of a gas tank...........until my compressor took a unaruthorized break.:mad:

Attachments

• 100_7292.jpg
    100_7292.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 19

Latest posts

Back