Rusty Relics Not for Sale!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love to take a tour of that place. I might get frustrated that he won't let go of any of it though. Thanks for posting all the photos.

About the only good thing about it is he is more than happy to to let you go through the yard and in the Shop/Museum. It's in Moriority, NM about 35 miles East of ABQ right on I-40 old Route 66.

It's pretty sad actually! All that old tin just sitting there not doing anybody any good when a lot of us can only dream about owning just one, much less dozens.

Last edited:
wow thanks for posting. it's frustrating to see all that stuff, i live in a small isolated town and it's so hard to find good parts, let alone rare complete rust-free tin.

i think most of us hoard a bit, everyone i know has another project waiting in the wings, but just to let all that sit outside seems like a shame.....

WOW, mixed emotions here!* What a wonderful thing for someone to preserve all of those lovely old vehicles-----------------BUT, what a shame for all of that stuff to just sit there!* Thanks for sharing those pics.* Perley

I can see not selling the complete vehicles, but why not the parts?

I read an article about a place in CA (I think), that was about the same thing. Cars lined up like they were in a traffic jam, untouched, just slowly melting away.

What a shame...

The pics were AWESOME..I saw at least 30 projects I would love to have..! But the sad thing is...If and when he passes away and has no living relatives or family,the scrap guys will have a great time..or even worse..it would be sold privately or maybe even taken over by the state, I dont know the laws out there.What a shame....:(

Looks like I should have been born in New Mexico instead of Canada ! Thank you very much for posting all the shots. I hope this thread doesn't end with "guy died, family sold his stuff for scrap". That'd break my heart. So he won't sell anything to anyone ?

well like the bible says , what prophet a man to store up riches for the last days,, one day he will croak and someone else will gets it:eek:

Man talk about old iron heaven! But why do people gotta be like that and not sell some of it.They should know we just wanna fix it up & not destroy it. Around here all the old tin got used up for racin back in the 60's or just hauled to scrap.I sure hope that it don't all get crushed someday:(. There is a place west of Fargo ND that I heard of that is the same way.I know and have seen a place by St Ansger Ia too.That guy would shoot at ya if he saw you stop and look, at least this this fella lets ya look around.Let us all know if there is ever an auction I'd drive from Ia just to get a chance at some of that sweet ol iron.

wow, there are some nice projects in there. I hope it all ends up being put to use and not being scraped when he passes away. there's a guy around here that has rows of tri 5 Chevys and other desirable stuff including tons of Indian motorcycle stuff and won't sell anything, although he will trade parts sometimes.

Wowsers!!!

Holy cow... that is incredible!!! I can never understand people like that... why in the world does *anyone* need more than one car! :eek:

I'd kill for a couple of those A's & would love to have one of those Crosley trucks!

BoB

Latest posts

Back